“Hit and Miss”

Michael's on the Alley
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's on the Alley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Michael's on the Alley is your prime choice, offering succulent steaks, fresh seafood, and signature prime rib. Tucked off Historic King Street sits Michael's, Charleston's ultimate dining experience. Serving the highest quality cuts from Meats by Linz out of Chicago, a third-generation family business, Michael's features USDA Prime Angus and Choice steaks, beautifully marbled and wet or dry-aged to your desire. Our flavor means business, from land or sea we provide an authentic dining experience with a side of Charleston hospitality. Reservations recommended.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was looking forward to a great steak dinner and came away disappointed. My strip steak was so tough I gave up after one bite. The side dishes were excellent as was the wine service. Otherwise the table service was spotty. After being served my steak we didn't see the waiter for five minutes.Don't know that I would try this restraunt again since there are so many options in Charleston. B. Henderson

• Visited March 2014

Denver, North Carolina
“Great”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

went for my birthday and the food was great, great service, overall great experience. The caesar salad, prepared at the table was perfect. Had the petite fillet and was just the right size and temperature, the family style sides were delicious and perfect for sharing. This restaurant will definitely be on my list to visit again!

• Visited March 2014
WhittneyP, Guest Relations Manager at Michael's on the Alley, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Shjam,

Thank you for dining with us recently, we are thrilled that you had a pleasant dining experience with us at Michael's on the Alley. We appreciate your kind words and review and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Best,
Whitney
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“A Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Oh, how I wanted to give Michael's a rave review! I received a call about my reservation a day prior to my departure for vacation just to make sure we were still coming. Got a late start and traffic was a bear so I called the restaurant to tell them I wasn't going to make my reservation time. They told me to come anyhow, no matter how late, and they would get us seated. The rave review started to materialize.
We arrived at about 10:00 and the place was full. We were taken to an empty table almost immediately and the rave review was searching for words to place on a page. The drinks were HUGE. The lobster bruschetta was made of entire pieces of claw meat and out of this world! Wish that there were more on the plate because it was so freaking good. My wife had the sirloin and said it was perfect. So where is the BUT....I had the ribeye, medium, and it was one of the toughest pieces of meat I have ever eaten. I chewed, and chewed, and chewed some more. Maybe it was the steak, maybe the late hour, maybe the topping covered the steak before it went to the stove. I don't know. I have had better steaks from Food Lion.

The service was great, the atmosphere is really nice but if this steak was brought in from Chicago maybe the restaurant should look to Kansas City for the next shipment.

• Visited February 2014
WhittneyP, Public Relations Manager at Michael's on the Alley, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Peter M.

Thank you for dining with us recently, we are thrilled that you had a pleasant dining experience with us at Michael's on the Alley. We appreciate your kind words and review, and would like to apologize for the quality of steak you were served. We hope we will be able to redeem ourselves on your next visit to the Holy City.

Best,