“Not sure why we were alone”
Review of Tristan Restaurant - CLOSED

Tristan Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church Street
Description: Located in the heart of historic Charleston, Tristan is a place where the ingredients are simple and the cuisine will take your taste buds for an unexpected ride. Executive Chef Nate Whiting presents diners with inspired twists on traditional ingredients – something that The Post & Courier calls “[Making] the simple, sublime.” A Mobile AAA Four Diamond Restaurant, Tristan has over 400 labels in our extensive wine cellar. From special occasions to simple celebrations, Tristan invites you to come and experience fine dining at its very best.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Friday night 6-7:30, but we were one of only 3 groups in the restaurant at any time. I cannot figure that. Nevertheless, there are some special chefs here. Everything we had was small, but wonderful and the attention from the wait staff was superb.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Ate at the Tristan with my parents during Restaurant Week. We all got the special 4 courses paired with wine. Service was excellent and food was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting not only an upscale meal, but a great experience as well.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went to Tristans for my anniversary. We had the tasting menu with the wine pairing. It was amazing from start to finish. The mango emulsion was the star of the show. The chef was kind enough to stop by our table . Service was impeccable , the room was beautiful and the prices were reasonable. Absolutely a must see restaurant in Charleston

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I had the tasting menu, 5 course at Tristan this week. Everything was wonderfully prepared and the service was outstanding. It was a Monday night and there were very few people there. We opted for the wine with each course, which were nicely paired.

We loved the atmosphere of the dining room.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is my third visit to Tristan with clients in the past 6 months and I will keep returning because of the consistent dining experiences that we have had.
The dining room is modern and eclectic with moderate volume level allowing for conversation. I can also recommend the private dining room for larger parties.
Our party tried the beet salad, the wild mushroom salad, pumpkin soup, sweet potato gnocchi, scallops and the market fish (Atlantic striped bass). Everything was excellent but the highlights were the entrees and the gnocchi. Desserts were also excellent.
The service was fantastic. Cameron was attentive without hovering and made excellent wine recommendations at reasonable price points,
Overall value for prices paid at Tristan is excellent. I would recommend for both business and private dining.