“Really fun place! ”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Really fun place! ”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a really fun and interesting concept! From the outside seating area, the pour your own taps, friendly atmosphere, and great food, this place was a great time. The place had live music and the seats stayed full the entire time. The only down fall was the lack of parking due to the historical nature of the location prevents expansion. If anyone is under the influence that this would be like a true Bavarian Biergarten is foolish. I will definitely return to this place to continue the destruction o my liver!

Germantown, Maryland, United States
“Fun Sports Bar”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I watched the playoff games last weekend at Biergarten. The atmosphere was fun and the place was PACKED but we were able to get a 2-top table that had been reserved but had been made available. Our waitress was pleasant and the beer selection was HUGE. We tried the fried dill pickles which were tasty as well as the crazy fries with smoked Gouda that were very good too. Not much in the way of German-faire but we enjoyed our visit.

• Visited January 2014
Mechanicsville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where's the German?”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Food and German beer selection extremely lacking. Had schnitzel, and quite possibly plainest / blandest meal I have had. Service was friendly, beer is much cheaper it order from waitstaff vs pouring your own.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank C C
Greenville, North Carolina
“Bad Service! Not a Biergarten”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We came to this restaurant on my birthday. Upon arriving we were told their open tables are for more than 5 people, we were only 3 people! She offered to sit us at the bar. I explained that we preferred a table since it was my birthday and she rudely said well then you'll have to wait. We waited for over 40 minutes while waitresses asked the hostess why she wasn't seating us at one of the many open tables. The manager pass us several times and said nothing! We finally grew tired of waiting, and two other patrons told us....leave now it's not worth the wait, food is terrible. We took their advice and left. If you want service and to be actually seated, go somewhere else in Charleston. This place only wants your business if you have 5 or more in your party. In addition, this restaurant appeared to be dirty and had a foul odor. I

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Jackie L
Charleston, South Carolina
“NOT a Biergarten. Just any other over-priced restaurant.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

First off, nothing about this place resembles a Biergarten. Granted they claim to be "Bavarian-inspired, Southern-made" but I have been to many Biergarten's both in the USA and in Bavaria and I don't see it. They only have 2 German items on their menu, which probably come from Cisco foods. I mean, what kind of Biergarten serves a black bean burger...and what kind doesn't serve wursts?!?!?! This kind! There isn't really any outdoor seating either. Let's go over their draft list...I think it is 21 on draft and only 2 are German. You also have this "cool" thing where you "pour your own drafts." I thought the point of a bar was so that the employees could do that for you. Here's a little personal experience: We had a party there and we all did "pour your own drafts, ($$$$) it took forever for us to pour a beer because the taps were turned up too high, and the server griped over 10% tip in the end. WE POURED OUR OWN! YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! Seriously, I could pick apart this place all day, but I don't have all day. In summary: It is just any other overpriced bar. The food is par, the drinks are par, but it is priced like the best thing since sliced bread. The location is so far away in the ghetto that you have to drive...and risk getting jacked...and then you won't find much parking so you'll get ticketed for parking on the street. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THIS PLACE WILL BE CLOSED WITHIN A YEAR. I GUARANTEE IT.

• Visited December 2013