“Tour review”

Two Sisters Historic Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 233 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the charm of Charleston in a two hour walking tour with genuine local flavor. Join native Charlestonian sisters Mary Helen Dantzler and Therese Smythe, whose family dates from 1793, as you stroll through Charleston's most beautiful streets and scenic alleyways.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great tour! We took it with our large family and everybody loved it from young to old!! We had three kids with us and she did an awesome job of keeping them interested, they loved her!! She had lots of interesting inside facts that only a true charleston native would know! Great value, would highly recommend!!

1  Thank Kristina D
MHD2sisters, Owner at Two Sisters Historic Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

I'm so glad y'all enjoyed the tour. Your adorable children made it fun for me as my honorary tour guide assistants. Thank you for choosing me to show you around Charleston. Mary Helen Dantzler

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Therese's 2 hour tour of Charleston was fabulous. She was informative, friendly, and passionate about her home town. I think she knew everyone in town as she greeted many people along the way, one of her friends even giving us her umbrella to use as the rain started to come down. Therese's tour winds through many back alleys most tourists won't even notice. As we were passing by a home that was being restored on one of these alleys, a painter stuck his head out the window and warmly greeted us with a "Welcome to Charleston!" It wasn't so much a tour as a leisurely stroll with a native Charlestonian discussing the history as well as her personal experiences of growing up in the city. Therese also had excellent recommendations for places to eat and historical homes to tour. Save your time and don't look any further for a tour guide. Call Two Sisters Tours if you're visiting Charleston!

1  Thank Fender57
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a delightful afternoon tour of Charleston given by tour guide extraordinaire......Mary Helen. She was so knowledgeable and passionate about her city. It was so interesting to hear about all the history that the city has gone through. And her commentary was sprinkled with her personal experiences and that of her family. Her expertise made for an exceptional city tour. We would highly recommend booking a tour with Mary Helen!

2  Thank pvsmith551
Reviewed August 6, 2014

On our recent visit to Charleston we took a 2 hour guided tour by Mary Helen. She is so charming, and her love for history shows. We were taken through alleys and side streets so we got to see the real Charleston. If you are looking to walk the city and experience all it's historic gems then this is the tour for you. We take tours in every city we visit, and this one is high up there as one of my favorites. I highly recommend it!

Remember to wear comfortable shoes!

1  Thank artiebrown
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband, two teenage children and I had a private walking tour with Mary Helen at the recommendation of a friend and we loved it! As a 7th generation native of Charleston, she has a wealth of knowledge about the colorful history, architecture and culture of this beautiful city, from the wealth of the colonial period to the destruction of the civil war and up to present day. The tour included many of the famous landmarks, but also included hidden alleyways and gardens that only a native would know about. Mary Helen was informative and entertaining, and I especially enjoyed hearing what it was like to grow up in such a beautiful and historic city. We all loved the tour, and my kids said they learned a lot and were very glad that we were able to take this tour. It was the highlight of our trip and I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Lorrie B