Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great day on the Charleston Harbor

Sailing in the harbor was really nice. It's a great sailing catamaran that is really stable. The... read more

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 5 days ago
johnodee
Atlanta, Georgia
Amazing

Absolutely amazing. Omg where do I start everything was perfect from beginning to end. Captain was... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
J698NNamberb
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Charleston
from $47.00
from $68.50
from $35.00
from $34.72
More Info
All reviews captain banff sunset sail beautiful boat great sail girls trip an amazing experience charleston area visiting charleston catamaran skiing cruise boats anchored yacht crew outing dolphins
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2017

I first took my three sons on the Om for my youngest's 8th birthday three years ago. It went down in our family history as the best birthday ever, and this year we re-created the experience for his 11th, this time with my father, a long-time sailor himself. Often such attempts to relive past pleasures are in vain, but that was not the case. Everything was just as glorious as we'd remembered it: the beauty of the sea, the comfort and spaciousness of the catamaran, the graciousness of our captain. We have long been in the habit of celebrating special occasions with activities rather than objects, and sailing on the Om has been among the most magical and meaningful we've managed. I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Date of experience: November 2016
Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

So grateful for your kind words! We hope you come back again for his 12th birthday! Have an amazing 2017!

Reviewed December 8, 2016

To start, Banff's boat is easy to get to and parking is readily available. I've done a number of sails in the Charleston Harbor where that wasn't the case. The boat itself is beautiful. I was struck with that as soon as I saw it. The boat is a catamaran, and it is is MUCH wider and more spacious than a typical sail boat. We had a group of six, and there was just tons of space for all of us to lounge around, stand around, walk around. The boat is HUGE! The back of the boat has a covered seating area with a table, where five or six can comfortably sit. The views from the table are great. There is also a table with couch-like seating in the cabin (and it doesn't involve walking down stairs to get to---but if you do want to walk down a few steps there are some cool galley windows that are about at water level--which is great way to get a sense of the water rushing by). But the best seats are in the front of the boat. There are two netted areas with cushions. It was sublime to recline on the cushions, with the water lapping underneath, and the beauty of the harbor right there. There are also several other perches on the front of the boat that afford great views. There is also a semi-flat area on the front of the boat that is probably 6 feet by 10 feet, so if you want to stand as you sip a drink there is ample room for that. Finally, the all important bathrooms, I came across two of them but there might have been more. They were easy to maneuver in and all around pleasant. All in all, the boat is exquisite. I chatted with Banff throughout the sail, and he is a great skipper/sail guide. He has a sunny disposition, knows his stuff when it comes to the harbor and sailing, and he made some pretty funny jokes when he played a parlor game with us. By the end of the sail, our entire group was glowing from the wonderful nature of the experience. I wish I could do this once a week to enhance my sense of wonder and beauty.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 19, 2016

My family and I had the chance to take the three hour sunset cruise and it is worth it. The captain and first mate were very nice and made sure we had an exceptional time. Luckily the weather cooperated and it was smooth sailing throughout the harbor. I highly recommend this for families and groups. You're allowed to BYOB and food. The boat has plates, utensils, cups and cold water for you. If you do end up going on the sunset cruise, I advise you bring a light jacket if you get cold easily. Since you'll be sailing on the water in the evening the temperature is sure to drop a few degrees.

Date of experience: October 2016
Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Thanks you for the kind words! It was awesome having you on board and hope you can do it again!

Reviewed October 4, 2016

My wife and I had a tremendous afternoon of sailing with Banff. The instructions for preparing for the trip where excellent. We arrived to a friendly face, an incredible sailing vessel, and over the top service. Banff and his first mate were full of knowledge and very easy to socialize with. We brought a pizza and a cooler of beers and had a nice dinner in the galley area. We learned a lot about sailing and the Charleston area. We would definitely come back and take another cruise with OM!!! Highly recommend it.

Date of experience: October 2016

Thanks so much for coming out!! It was a great evening!!

Reviewed September 26, 2016

As a thank you to my best friends for planning the perfect Bachelorette trip, I treated them to a sailing trip with Om Sailing Charter. We did not want to trip to end!! The boat was absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed laying out in the front of the boat and they were more than gracious to take tons of pictures of us. If you are looking for a family sailing trip or a great time with friends I would highly recommend Om Sailing. You are welcomed on the boat like old friends and are treated to an amazing sailing experience. I can't wait to go again!!

Date of experience: September 2016

And we cant wait to have you on board again! Good Luck with the weddding plans and have an amazing day!