“Afternoon Sail”

Om Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a day sailing the Historic Harbor taking in the sights on Charleston's finest catamaran, a 43' Leopard. Lounge on the trampoline, soaking up the sun and dolphin watching or relax in the shade in the roomy cockpit. Bring your favorite beverages, a picnic or choose gourmet catering as you take in the Holy City, Ft. Sumter, Ft. Moultrie, Shem Creek, Sullivan's Island, and if time and winds prevail, a taste of the deep blue, as you head out through the jetties into the Atlantic. Day Charters begin at 3 hours and can be customized up to a Full Day Sail, allowing the freedom and flexibility for serious adventure. For a romantic evening, there is the popular 3 hour picturesque Sunset Sail, which can also be extended. A five star experience to accommodate all your fancies, from a stellar vacation or staycation, fairy-tale engagement, surprise Birthday, bachelorette party, to corporate team building, OM Sailing Charters offers it all! 3Hr Sunset $575 3Hr Day Sail $525
Reviewed May 7, 2017

We were on a girls weekend and booked an afternoon sail. The entire experience from the initial contact to the actual sail were fantastic. We were made to feel very welcome and all very relaxed. I would definitely do it again!

Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Thanks for coming out and definitly look forward to having you on board again. It was such a pleasure getting you out on the water.

All reviews
"cruise"
in 9 reviews
"sights"

Reviewed January 7, 2017

I first took my three sons on the Om for my youngest's 8th birthday three years ago. It went down in our family history as the best birthday ever, and this year we re-created the experience for his 11th, this time with my father, a long-time sailor himself. Often such attempts to relive past pleasures are in vain, but that was not the case. Everything was just as glorious as we'd remembered it: the beauty of the sea, the comfort and spaciousness of the catamaran, the graciousness of our captain. We have long been in the habit of celebrating special occasions with activities rather than objects, and sailing on the Om has been among the most magical and meaningful we've managed. I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

So grateful for your kind words! We hope you come back again for his 12th birthday! Have an amazing 2017!

Reviewed December 8, 2016

To start, Banff's boat is easy to get to and parking is readily available. I've done a number of sails in the Charleston Harbor where that wasn't the case. The boat itself is beautiful. I was struck with that as soon as I saw it. The boat is a catamaran, and it is is MUCH wider and more spacious than a typical sail boat. We had a group of six, and there was just tons of space for all of us to lounge around, stand around, walk around. The boat is HUGE! The back of the boat has a covered seating area with a table, where five or six can comfortably sit. The views from the table are great. There is also a table with couch-like seating in the cabin (and it doesn't involve walking down stairs to get to---but if you do want to walk down a few steps there are some cool galley windows that are about at water level--which is great way to get a sense of the water rushing by). But the best seats are in the front of the boat. There are two netted areas with cushions. It was sublime to recline on the cushions, with the water lapping underneath, and the beauty of the harbor right there. There are also several other perches on the front of the boat that afford great views. There is also a semi-flat area on the front of the boat that is probably 6 feet by 10 feet, so if you want to stand as you sip a drink there is ample room for that. Finally, the all important bathrooms, I came across two of them but there might have been more. They were easy to maneuver in and all around pleasant. All in all, the boat is exquisite. I chatted with Banff throughout the sail, and he is a great skipper/sail guide. He has a sunny disposition, knows his stuff when it comes to the harbor and sailing, and he made some pretty funny jokes when he played a parlor game with us. By the end of the sail, our entire group was glowing from the wonderful nature of the experience. I wish I could do this once a week to enhance my sense of wonder and beauty.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

My family and I had the chance to take the three hour sunset cruise and it is worth it. The captain and first mate were very nice and made sure we had an exceptional time. Luckily the weather cooperated and it was smooth sailing throughout the harbor. I highly recommend this for families and groups. You're allowed to BYOB and food. The boat has plates, utensils, cups and cold water for you. If you do end up going on the sunset cruise, I advise you bring a light jacket if you get cold easily. Since you'll be sailing on the water in the evening the temperature is sure to drop a few degrees.

Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Thanks you for the kind words! It was awesome having you on board and hope you can do it again!