Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing evening, highly recommend!

We thoroughly enjoyed our time on the water with Banff, it was absolutely the highlight of our... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed yesterday
Pamela B
Great day on the Charleston Harbor

Sailing in the harbor was really nice. It's a great sailing catamaran that is really stable. The... read more

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 1 week ago
johnodee
Atlanta, Georgia

Recommended experiences in and around Charleston
from $47.00
from $68.50
from $35.00
from $34.72
More Info
All reviews captain banff sunset sail beautiful boat great sail girls trip an amazing experience charleston area visiting charleston catamaran skiing cruise boats anchored yacht crew outing dolphins
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Reserved a 3 hour sunset as a birthday surprise for my wife. Was a bit nervous as neither of us have been sailing and wasnt sure how it would be. Turned out to be absolutetly amazing. We had lots of up close with dolphins and other wildlife. Sailing close to amazing historical forts in the bay. The city is breathtaking at sunset! Captian Banff is great at pointing out the sites and also stepping back to let you enjoy the romatic experience. We were also amazed how much it felt as smooth as a large boat and no tilting feel with it being a large catamaran.
3 hours was perfect length for us. Payment is super convient with the square app or by cash.
Very happy birthday girl and an experience we will always remember! Dont hesitate to book and well worth the price.

Date of experience: August 2016
Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Thanks so much for sharing your birthday! It was awesome having you on board!

Reviewed August 9, 2016

Words cannot describe the amazing experience my husband, best friends and I had with Captain Banff on his beautiful sailboat. It was my husbands 50th birthday and what a memorable experience it was! Captain Banff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and his professionalism was stellar.

I spent weeks trying to make the decision of what to do for my husbands 50th birthday. My friends and I decided to take a trip to Charleston to celebrate. At that point I found OM Sailing Charters. There were other charters available that I considered up until I spoke with Captain Banff. Being my first charter experience, he answered all of my questions and took the time to respond very promptly to me with every question I had to ensure the day would be perfect. After a phone conversation with him I booked the charter. There was no comparison with the other charters.

The weather could not have been more perfect! I recommend the full day charter to take in everything there is to offer, and that is truly not enough time! The sunset is absolutely beautiful! It is truly an experience we will never forget.

We look forward to seeing Captain Banff soon and again enjoying the amazing experience he has to offer on his beautiful sailboat! OM Sailing Charters with Captain Banff are truly five star experiences.

Thank you Captain Banff.

Bridget

Date of experience: August 2016

Thanks for the incredible review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2016

We enjoyed our trip! Banff is a great Captain sailing an impressive sailboat. I would highly recommend Om Sailing.

Date of experience: July 2016
Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Thanks!! Your awesome for doing this. Hope to see you again!

Cheers

Reviewed June 23, 2016

I always struggle with what to get my husband for dad's day. He likes to spend time with our kids but also wants to relax. OM sailing charters was the perfect gift (for all of us, really!) I chose the 2 hour tour because I was not sure what to expect, but from the moment we saw this beautiful sailboat, I knew we could've easily enjoyed the 6 hours. Frankly, we're ready to set sail for a weekend. We have an 11yo girl and 15yo boy, all 4 of us enjoyed every serene moment. We're locals so we do a LOT of "Staycations" in Charleston. We've seen and done a lot around the harbor and this was in the "must do again" category! I would highly recommend with family of any size, the boat is quite big, safe and luxurious.... Our next journey aboard is going to be with some couples and a bottle of wine at sunset!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 22, 2016

If you are looking for an awesome few hours on the water Om Sailing Charters is the way to go. From the time we arrived at the dock Captain Banff was wonderful!!! He welcomed us aboard as if we were old friends and made us feel his ship was ours. Captain Banff had a few rules to follow but other than that the time was ours. Captain Banff was available to answer any questions we had but kept in the background so we could enjoy our time on the water. His vessel was in pristine condition - you could tell he took great care and took great pride in his charters. I can't wait to go out again. We were so impressed with our first trip we booked another before we even got off the boat. Definitely give this a go!!!

Date of experience: June 2016