Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Girls’ Weekend in Charleston

We would highly recommend Om Charters. It was great from start to finish...an excellent way to see... read more

Reviewed November 12, 2018
rebeccaw1116
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
via mobile
Girls’ Weekend Fun in Charleston

We would highly recommend Om Charters. It was excellent from start to finish. Seeing Charleston... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed November 12, 2018
wills636
Collegeville, Pennsylvania

Recommended experiences in and around Charleston
from $25.00
from $48.71
from $62.54
from $49.82
More Info
All reviews captain banff sailing experience sunset sail beautiful boat charleston harbor perfect sunset bachelorette weekend great sail knowledgeable captain an unforgettable experience girls trip highlight of our trip his knowledge catamaran skiing luther cruise
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Words cannot describe the amazing experience my husband, best friends and I had with Captain Banff on his beautiful sailboat. It was my husbands 50th birthday and what a memorable experience it was! Captain Banff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and his professionalism was stellar.

I spent weeks trying to make the decision of what to do for my husbands 50th birthday. My friends and I decided to take a trip to Charleston to celebrate. At that point I found OM Sailing Charters. There were other charters available that I considered up until I spoke with Captain Banff. Being my first charter experience, he answered all of my questions and took the time to respond very promptly to me with every question I had to ensure the day would be perfect. After a phone conversation with him I booked the charter. There was no comparison with the other charters.

The weather could not have been more perfect! I recommend the full day charter to take in everything there is to offer, and that is truly not enough time! The sunset is absolutely beautiful! It is truly an experience we will never forget.

We look forward to seeing Captain Banff soon and again enjoying the amazing experience he has to offer on his beautiful sailboat! OM Sailing Charters with Captain Banff are truly five star experiences.

Thank you Captain Banff.

Bridget

Date of experience: August 2016
Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Thanks for the incredible review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2016

We enjoyed our trip! Banff is a great Captain sailing an impressive sailboat. I would highly recommend Om Sailing.

Date of experience: July 2016
Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Thanks!! Your awesome for doing this. Hope to see you again!

Cheers

Reviewed June 23, 2016

I always struggle with what to get my husband for dad's day. He likes to spend time with our kids but also wants to relax. OM sailing charters was the perfect gift (for all of us, really!) I chose the 2 hour tour because I was not sure what to expect, but from the moment we saw this beautiful sailboat, I knew we could've easily enjoyed the 6 hours. Frankly, we're ready to set sail for a weekend. We have an 11yo girl and 15yo boy, all 4 of us enjoyed every serene moment. We're locals so we do a LOT of "Staycations" in Charleston. We've seen and done a lot around the harbor and this was in the "must do again" category! I would highly recommend with family of any size, the boat is quite big, safe and luxurious.... Our next journey aboard is going to be with some couples and a bottle of wine at sunset!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 22, 2016

If you are looking for an awesome few hours on the water Om Sailing Charters is the way to go. From the time we arrived at the dock Captain Banff was wonderful!!! He welcomed us aboard as if we were old friends and made us feel his ship was ours. Captain Banff had a few rules to follow but other than that the time was ours. Captain Banff was available to answer any questions we had but kept in the background so we could enjoy our time on the water. His vessel was in pristine condition - you could tell he took great care and took great pride in his charters. I can't wait to go out again. We were so impressed with our first trip we booked another before we even got off the boat. Definitely give this a go!!!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed May 25, 2016

I took my family out for a last minute cruise. I'm a sailor and was pleaseantly surprised at the seamanship and welcome briefing for safety on board. After that, you're free to enjoy yourself almost immediately as the OM is docked 2 minutes from sailing waters. Sails are up and you're underway in about 7-10 minutes. Perfect when on a short cruise (or even on a longer one!) The view of Charleston is wonderful as well as is all the activity in the harbor. Catamarans are a great way to enjoy sailing since they don't heel and everyone can relax and make use of the wide beam of the boat. It's especially fun to sit on the webbing over the water and watch the dolphins watching and following you! Banff is a nice guy and eager to tell you about the history of the harbor and sights on land. Great time and I hope to be back on board soon!

Date of experience: May 2016
Banff L, Owner at Om Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

So great having you all on board! Thanks for the awesome review and hope you can come out for another sail next time your in town!
Cheers!!