“A must do in Charleston!”
Review of Tattooed Moose

Tattooed Moose
Ranked #8 of 51 Nightlife in Charleston
Reviewed July 26, 2014

If I didn't do my research ahead of time , we never would have giving this place a second look. When you drive up don't be discourage by the shady outside. Parking was tough. Had to park waaaaay down the street. Place was very crowded by locals but we were quick on the draw and grabbed a table. Knew right away it was a local hang out cause as soon as we walked in door I felt like everyone stopped talking and all eyes were on us. Ok...the food........heard so much about the homemade duck fries. Im not a fan of duck in any way. Being a chef, I know the taste that food has when cooked in duck fat. I was pleasantly surprised! Everyone....including my 12 yr old twins were fighting over them! they were THAT good.Husband got the cuban ( amazing) my kids got the cheeseburgers. They are still talking about it and saying its THE best burger they ever had. I had the smoked chicken wrapped. It was delicious. Not to smokey or mayonaisy ( is that even a word) .Staff was quick and very pleasant. Pricing was very reasonable and portions large. I took half home.This is our new go to place when in town. I highly suggest hitting this place. You will not be disappointed!

2  Thank Kimmy M

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal here. I had burger and wife had brisket. Both fantastic. Kids meals were great. Yes this is a dive, but we arrived at 1145 and it was packed by 12. Food wait was minimal and waitresses were fast. Good local beer selection.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Decor aside, this little restaurant has some fine dishes and good beer. Arriving at the start of happy hour and waiting for another in our party, two of us shared the wonderful duck fat fries--only $2 during happy hours. They were hot and crispy and the garlic aioli was perfect. I had a local IPA and my wife had a concoction with pineapple wine. Both were very good. Once the third came we ordered a grilled chicken salad, a briskit sandwich, and some wings. The service was good and so was the food. Would definitely go back again.

1  Thank rnmteach
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We went for a very late lunch on a Saturday after recommendations from a friend and hearing the place was on Diners, Dives, & Drive-ins. I read a lot of reviews on here as well, before coming. There were two couples, including us. Both couples ordered the Duck Club and shared it. It's a triple decker. We also ordered the duck fries with the gravy. It was plenty of food for me but my husband said he could have eaten a whole one by himself. We all thought the sandwich was very good. None of us were thrilled with the fries and the gravy. The gravy was runny and flavorless and the fries were shoestring type, greasy and lacking much potato taste. They have a selection of microbrews and domestics. The hole in the wall atmosphere is nice with lots to look at inside. We sat on the outdoor patio which was nice. The restaurant doesn't sit in the best neighborhood so I wouldn't suggest walking. Although we thought the place was a bit overrated, we all did think the sandwich was very good. We might go back if in the area. If you want an out of the way, laid back restaurant, I would suggest it. They definitely have a different menu.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I wanted to go there for a long time. So today we went for a late lunch. So glad that we did. The duck fries and gravy are killer. I had the Thanksgiving Sammy, my Husband had the corn dogs. Awesome food, service and music. We will be back. Not a big place, We ate after 2 pm, still had a good crowd.