“Memorable bike ride”

and up
Charleston Harbor Stand up Paddleboard Tour
Ranked #2 of 245 things to do in Charleston
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I rode my bike around the battery then up East Bay towards the bridge. The bike/walking lane is clearly marked and really wide. I thought it was exhilarating to ride across this bridge...it didn't even feel that long or steep! It felt mostly safe because there is a tall metal fence on the edge and you're protected by a ~3ft tall concrete barrier between you and traffic. However, I'm a weenie and got a little freaked out by traffic coming at 60mph towards me when I returned to town.

I highly recommend this experience if you'd like to get some exercise!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,081)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very pretty bridge to view, for someone that is healthy I would think it would be a great bridge to walk/run, we see many people everyday crossing by foot or bike, it has 10 ft width for those crossing by foot/bike. If I was a healthy man it would be tempting.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

A true Charleston landmark, this bridge is part of the city sky line. The best place to view it is probably from the water. It's worth taking time to get up close to this structure.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This beautiful bridge is hard to miss in downtown Charleston. But the best time to see it is after dark. Make plans to spend time on one of the roof-top bars and enjoy the view!

1  Thank Nanatotwo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was looking forward to seeing this bridge coming into Charleston. Although most people wouldn't get excited about this, I found it to be gorgeous and beautifully built!