“Ummm... this is A BRIDGE!”

Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge
and up
Charleston Harbor Stand up Paddleboard Tour
Ranked #2 of 245 things to do in Charleston
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm not really sure why I am writing this review - it's just a bridge connecting Charleston to Mount Pleasant. HAHA - Where is the "mountain" and it's not all that "pleasant" over there! Now, I have to explain my sarcasm... my husband drives over this darned thing twice most every day. Once to work and the second time coming home. Sure, this is a pretty thing to look at from downtown Charleston but it's nothing spectacular. As fast as people drive and especially when they combine talking on their phones and/or texting when they are driving, there is no way on God's green earth that I would walk or ride a bike on this structure. I don't care how beautiful the views might be! I've seen lots of beautiful bridges all over the United States and some in other countries. This one is pretty but unless you are participating in the bridge run, I'd stay off of it. Remember, that's just IMHO.

2  Thank GloriaG2
Write a ReviewReviews (4,078)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great view, neat construction. Walking paths as well as drive over. Not sure what else to say...it's a bridge - a nice one. lOL

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This bridge has got to be one of the most (if not the most) beautiful in the country. It has a walking/bike trail (3 miles I believe) and is great for all ages.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

terrific view of Charleston, the river and ocean going into and leaving Charleston. the new bridge with cables is now three lanes and provides views of mount pleasant also. you will also see the aircraft carrier and cruse lines docking.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

After eating our way through charleston we needed to get some exercise and were recommended to walk the bridge. It is very high and there is only a fence keeping you from falling which is why I say it's not for those afraid of heights. Very nice walk/bike lanes and there are some amazing views from the top. I think it's 5 miles across and back so it gives you a workout!