“Great nights sleep in a comfortable and serene room!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charleston
Palmer's Pinckney Inn
Ranked #18 of 40 Charleston B&B and Inns
Columbia, SC
“Great nights sleep in a comfortable and serene room!”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This trip was a last minute plan but worked out beautifully. The room was very comfortable and inviting. There is free onsite parking - a bonus! The location is very convenient to local attractions and great meals. The innkeeper was very helpful by providing information and details even though we were a late check-in. I would stay here again and certainly plan to! Don't look for glamour on the outside though because this is located downtown in a very old city. If you are looking for a good price, comfort and a very convenient location then this is a great choice. Once you are in your room, you will thoroughly enjoy it and since this location is so convenient you can park your car and forget about it. Enjoy the walk through a great city for dining and local fun.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed August 22, 2010

To celebrate my wife's birthday, I planned a surprise trip to Charleston, SC. I initially booked our stay through Priceline.com for two nights in the downtown Charleston area. However, upon arrival in Charleston, our Priceline pick was - how can I put this nicely? - A DUMP!

I immediately called Priceline and was able to get a refund; but here we were in Charleston on a Friday evening with nowhere to stay. We quickly began making phone calls and were able to get a downtown hotel for a reasonable rate for that night.

Once we were checked into the room, I began searching for another place to stay for the rest of our trip; and that's when I found Palmer's Pinckney Inn. It was just around the block from where we were staying and the price couldn't be beat!

We stayed in the Parisian room and loved it! The accommodations were great and the bed was really comfy too, not to mention the great wine and cheese tasting at their sister B&B, The Palmer Home.

Thank you so much to Cindy and Ms. Palmer for the chance to make our stay in Charleston a great time! We will be returning in the future and this is where we'll be staying again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The Inn is located in the Market district amidst horse carriage companies. Just a few blocks away from numerous restaurants and tourist spots, but situated enough out of the way to avoid the tourist crowds.

We stayed in the Equastrian room on the first floor. Beautiful, spacious room with high ceilings and a king-size bed that you wouldn't want to get out of!

Service was excellent, informal yet friendly. Kitchen was stocked full of teas, coffee, snacks and breakfast goodies. I would go back in a heart-beat!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2010

First-- if you're expecting cookie-cutter, faux-luxe, wait on your hand and foot-- go to another place. If you want charm, wonderful people, a degree of autonomy, location, value, history, quirkiness, and romance, you'll love this. The staff went out of their way to help us when our flight was delayed and when we needed a room for another night. The location (down the road from FIG) can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I took our first trip to Charleston for a long weekend and without knowing anything about the city, we stumbled upon this gem. While at first we were disappointed there was no availability at Palmer Home, it turned out this was exactly where we wanted to be, within walking distance of restaurants, the market and nightlife. The best part was that we were still able to enjoy the gorgeous view and porch at Palmer Home during the wine and cheese which is served everyday between 4 and 6. With free parking and an accommodating staff, the Palmer Pinckey Inn really was the perfect place for our vacation. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This was my third time staying at this inn. I love it! The past two times I was with my husband, but this time I was with a groups of friends on a girls weekend get away. The inn is very well priced and could not be in a better location. Once you arrive and park your car, you do not need to return to it until your departure. Everything is in walking distance. Also, the inn keeper is so helpful. I called before our arrival and was able to find out what was going on that weekend and also called to make dinner reservations. Once my group arrived she helped us map out our day. I am so pleased with this inn, I will keep returning!!! Great job:)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Phoenicia, NY
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We chose this B&B because it is "pet-friendly". It was very disappointing. The house is old, and there are many needed upgrades. Weekday rates are fairly reasonable, but the prices jump on the weekend, way to high for the value. Room was small but clean. The main problem is the lack of service. There is only one woman managing the inn, and she was not there when we arrived, nor was she ever around (we just had her cell phone number). You have to make your own continental breakfast from the selection of bread, muffins and other groceries in the kitchen. Paying a premium for doing the work is not my idea of good value! Nothing special or memorable about the Palmer Pinkney Inn. I would not recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple