“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Palmer's Pinckney Inn
Ranked #12 of 39 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Very bad experience. My husband and I came to experience Southern hospitality and this place will not give it to you. Everything is rundown making it very unpleasant. The amount they charge to stay in this place is ridiculously expensive. The condition of this place is more like an hourly motel. Do not stay here. They give a terrible name to the concept of a bed and breakfast that it makes me hesitant to stay in another.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Marina S

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have stayed at the Palmer Pinkney Inn eight times now and have thoroughly enjoyed each occasion. The Inn's central location renders all of downtown a stroll away. After so many visits we've had the opportunity to sample all of the rooms and have always found them to be clean, cozy and comfortable. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and professional.

We will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank georgetteandcarlos
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a quaint little inn located in an ok location. There is no typical B and B breakfast here...coffee, bagels, yogurt. Evidently they have a sister inn where you can go have breakfast. I prefer to have my breakfast where I stay. Parking is really located across the street and the charge is $12.00. There is a very tiny tiny parking area in the back but you need a small car to fit. Getting out of there is difficult once you are in. I unfortunately stayed in a room on the street side. I b was wide awake at 4:50am when the trash truck picked up the trash and 10 minutes later another trash truck came. Then 10 minutes later what sounded like a street cleanerror came through. I gave up and was up st 5:15 am. I cannot tell you the number of trucks that came by before 9 am. The room was nice but the negatives far outweigh any quaintness. Would not recommend this one. It is also located between two horse stables and the stench of horse urine is pretty potent outside. You cannot snell it inside... just don't open a window. Sadly I would never return to this B and B and I love bed and breakfast inns. I'd rate this between a two and two 1/2.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Beverly S
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My best friend and I stayed in the Bombay Room (two nights, three days), which was a perfect little space for us take a break from the heat and relax. Our room was clean and spacious, our hostess was helpful and welcoming, and the breakfast options were great before heading out for a sweltering trek around the city. Fabulous price considering the ideal location and amenities!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Palmer's Pinckney Inn was a tight squeeze, but a great location for walking. The room was beautifully done, the hostess was great. You got a real feel for a "Charleston" style house on a small scale. The kitchen while small was very welcoming. Clean, comfortable and cozy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Charleston room whilst holidaying here. Lovely large quaint and comfortable room. Easy walking distance to all of the sights, restaurants etc. Staff are very friendly and let you feel at home and even provide you with a glass of wine to have on the verandah in the evening! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Charleston room and were very pleased by the quality of the furnishings, the comfort of the bed and quiet location within the Inn though the Inn itself was quiet.
The Inn is within a comfortable and easy walking distance to the heart of the shopping district. We enjoyed the southern breakfast at the sister property (Palmer House #5 East Bay). Dawn and Terri (Innkeepers) were pleasant and friendly. Parking on site can be a challenge and it's first come first serve which was no big deal to us for we stayed on foot for 2 days.

Room Tip: I can only speak for the Charleston Room. I'm sure the others are just as nice.