“A great, casual waterfront seafood place”

Fleet Landing Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleet Landing Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Transit: The Downtown Area Shuttle Waterfront loop runs from Waterfront Park (half a block away from the restaurant) to the Aquarium and the visitor's center every 40 minutes from 9:20-6:00.
Description: Fleet Landing is historic downtown's Best Waterfront Dining featuring classic & contemporary Southern seafood fare, regional favorites, burgers, salads & more. Enjoy waterfront views from the wrap-around deck and maritime chic dining room. Reservations recommended, full bar, parking, family friendly.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Tis is the only waterfront restaurant SOB ( South of Broad) I believe. We were taken to dinner there with friends who live just a couple blocks away....and loved it. The restaurant was heaving! On a Thursday night, and I think well deserved. It is casual, has great food, and our server made us feel like we were regulars. The she crab soup with blue crab was creamy, spicy and downright decadent. My wife had the fried oyster spinach salad, and loved it. I had the rare, chilled marinated flank steak salad: also very good. Would definitely go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,788)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is our second visit to Fleet Landing. Our experience this time was even better than the first. Our meals were both seafood based and were both wonderful. All of the seafood was prepared to perfection. We also had the pecan pie for dessert. It is the BEST pecan pie we have ever had. It was not sugary sweet. The pecan was the star.

The only down side to this experience was the sound level in the restaurant. It was a Friday night and probably a Happy Hour crowd at the bar. It was very loud, a bit too loud for a nice dining establishment.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went with colleagues on 24 Feb for dinner. We ordered a variety of appetizers and entrees. We completely enjoyed the Chilled Oysters on the Half Shell, Fried Oysters and Lump Crab Bruschetta. The Shrimp and Grits was out of this world and I highly recommend it. The only thing that could have made it better would be to add a bit more of the Andouille sausage for an additional kick. The Pan Roasted scallops were good but small. We found the Fried Green Tomato Stack to be just ok because the tarragon overpowered the flavor of the crab. I found the Charleston Red Rice to be a bit dry and flavorless. Overall though, I enjoyed the experience and the food. Our server was Abby and she was wonderful! Make sure you ask for her.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great shrimp and grits! In fact, everything we had was great. Outside seating had temporary enclosure, but was still comfortable and warm.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended because we asked for a place "on the water"......we went and enjoyed the table outdoors on the waterfront, but the food was just ok.....as there are so many other really, really outstanding restaurants in this area, this would not be our first choice....perhaps it needs another try or maybe just a place for drinks....I had the Low Country Seafood Gumbo and it was mostly liquid without much flavor and very little substance/gumbo items...(I spoke with my server and he apologized and agreed with me about the state of the "soup"....)...perhaps they were just having an "off" day.