“Ginger & Dakota Make a Great Team”

Classic Carriage Works, LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Classic Carriage Works, LLC. is Charleston's premier provider of high quality carriage tours and carriage service. We hold our customers, horses and employees in the highest regard - taking the utmost care of each. Our tours are personalized by the tour guides and tailored to the interest of the passengers as questions are asked. Take one of our tours and see the difference!
Hickman, CA
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Ginger & Dakota Make a Great Team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family really enjoyed the tour! Ginger was super informative and Dakota keeps a steady, easy pace. Perfect for picture taking. We have been on tours in other cities where you actually feel badly for the horse as they aren't treated so kindly. Ginger & Dakota have a great relationship! I loved the way her soft-spoken commands were easily understood and obeyed by Dakota. She gives a great tour and answered all of our questions.

Visited June 2013

“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went with my husband and my two teenagers. This was the first carriage ride we'd ever done. Charleston is the perfect city to see by horse drawn carriage. We'd already walked around but learned so much from our tour guide, Jess; it was obvious that she really loves what she does. The horses were all beautiful and well cared for. This is one of the smaller carriage companies and we highly recommend them.

Maryville, Tennessee, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent for the whole family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We actually got to the tour 30 minutes early as is requested in the reservation and to our surprise they let us get an early ride which is GREAT when you have an antsy 7 year old :) We toured with Patrick and Kevin and had a fabulous time! Patrick was very entertaining and knowledgeable. I also noticed that he worked very well with our horse Kevin and was courteous of other drivers which I find quite refreshing. This was a great way to tour the city for all of the six people in our party ( from the 7 year to our parents).

1 Thank Josh A
Brooklyn, New York
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Best Tour in Charleston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We absolutely loved our tour with Classic Carriage Works. Our guide was Matt, who was probably the best tour guide we've ever had. He's knowledgable, entertaining, sweet, and patient. The carriage ride itself is a lovely way to see Charleston, but we were surprised by how much we learned on it. We consider this a must-do when in Charleston, and Classic Carriage Works is the way to go! Ask for Matt!

Downers Grove, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice tour of Charleston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We originally tried to book a private tour through this company, but they did not have time for one the day we were available. They suggested that we could try another company, which I was pleasantly surprised by, since we had booked the tour online. I expected them to want to keep our money! I decided I would just book a group tour with them. They have an adults only tour each day at 10 a.m., which we were too late to join, so we booked the "no young children" tour they have daily at 1 p.m. We arrived a half hour before the tour and were promptly greeted and checked in. Then we were instructed to meet back at the site to load at at 12:55 which gave us some time to wander around the market. We were hoping that it wouldn't be a full carriage, but it was, with 16 people loaded on board. Even though it was full, we were still comfortable. Our knowledgeable tour guide was Jess and our horse was a beautiful Percheron named Magic. What a beautiful animal! You don't know beforehand which tour route you'll be taking as the city assigns the route to the driver as you depart in order to try to control the carriage traffic (and collect fees from the carriage companies). The tour was at a nice pace and the tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable about the history of Charleston. She was able to ask any questions we had and delivered the information in an easy, fun manner. After the tour was over, we pulled into the stable where Magic was to get some water and rest before his next tour. We were able to pet him and get photos before heading off. We really enjoyed our tour and I would definitely recommend it. I was hesitant at first to go on a group tour, but I was very happy with the service we received. The day we went was sunny and in the 60's. I imagine it might be a bit less comfortable if it's 80 or 90 degrees with 16 people sitting so closely together. At least the carriage has a top so you are shaded, depending on the angle of the sun and where you are seated.

2 Thank Beach_Bum_tlc