“Best Asian food in town!!!”

Ko Cha Asian Restaurant
Ranked #258 of 984 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed February 11, 2017

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Ko Cha is located between a convenience store and a Marco's pizza. I have eaten here three times and every time delicious. They have Korean, Chinese, and Hibachi. First I tried their Chinese. I have had both the chicken and house Lo Mein. Both came with enough food for two meals. They are very generous with the meat and both were delicious! Next my family tried the Korean. I had the Kai-bi which was thinly sliced short ribs. The meat was very tender with a nice flavor. We had an order of Lumpia which are like small meat egg rolls. These were super good. My son got the Bulgo-ki which was very good but if you can't handle super spicy avoid the spicy pork option. My daughter in law got the steak and shrimp Hibachi which came with huge portions and some tasty rice.
The value and quality of the food here make this a go to stop when seeking some awesome Asian cuisine!!!

Reviewed January 27, 2017

We found Ko Cha tucked between a pizza place and a gas station convenience store. But don't let the surroundings fool you -- you'll be getting great Korean food (or Chinese, if you prefer). The lunches come with side "Korean salad" in a bento box. For the bento box, we got green beans with rice noodles, braised tofu, kim chee, and a spicy cabbage / tofu combination. We had bimibap with a tofu option.

Reviewed January 23, 2017

This is my second visit to this quaint restaurant. Not what you think it will be from the outside, beside a gas station; totally a hidden gem. Food was classic Korean-drama fare. For appetizers I'd recommend the lumpia and dumplings. For entrees the bulgo-ki, jja-jang, and rice cake. Large portions too!

Reviewed January 5, 2017

My husband and I were traveling through Charleston this week around the lunch hour and searched on TripAdvisor for restaurants and found this gem. You can tell it's a favorite of people in the area just from the clientele. The menu is expansive, offering a wide variety of different Asian fare, including traditional Korean, Thai, Japanese and Chinese and probably more. The service was excellent and friendly and the food was prompt and hot AND delicious. We would definitely go back again if in the area.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

If you watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on Food Network enough times, you will see that great food places pop up in unexpected locations like a gas station. One would not typically think about visiting a gas station to get really, really good, authentic Korean food, but that is just what you do in Charleston. Ko Cha is a diamond in the rough.

The food is excellent. The Seafood Tofu soup is my favorite thing on the menu. Hot, spicy, succulent, spicy, savory! And did I mention spicy? If you like spicy food, just go and order this. The raw egg cracked into the soup sets the flavor off perfectly!

Every time I visit, I have a great conversation with the staff. They are warm friendly people who really enjoy seeing people enjoy their food.

Please visit and support these great small business owners!