“I Like This Place--and Ask For Maria!”

Noisy Oyster Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #164 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Upper Concord Street
Description: Our seafood is caught in our own backyard, the Atlantic Ocean. You can always count on local and fresh at Noisy Oyster. Locally owned and operated since 1992.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've been to the Noisy Oyster a couple of times on trips through Charleston and enjoyed it every time. It's a bar/restaurant, very informal and just across the street from The Market in the historic district. I cannot say much about their dinners insofar as I've only eaten lunch there; but, they appear substantial and the prices, whether for lunch or dinner, are reasonable. I can vouch for their burgers, chicken sandwiches, calamari and raw oysters--although I will say the dozen I had during this last visit weren't the best I've ever had (a little flat). That award goes to the Aqua Grill on Spring Street in Manhattan...but, that's for another review. Maria was our most capable waitress, who provided us with an excellent recommendation about Folly Beach, along with accurate directions, as well. The Noisy Oyster is a convenient oasis from the tourist trail...and the beers are cold!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,185)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The food was Great!!! The Service was great, Loved the location, Great views of the City. The Staff was very Friendly.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been to the Noisy Oyster many times before, however, this time was different because of oue amazing waitress. It was my best friends 18th birthday and this was the best place to spend it. She was very knowledgable about the menu and what was good and what not to even bother eating. Definitely request her if you go!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Second visit not as good as first- restaurant wasn't very clean...the food was mediocre and the service was bad...difficult to get a refill.. Food took forever to get to us and the food was mediocre at best... The tip was automatically built in- I would have left a $5 tip- ended up having to give a $23 tip! Won't be going back there again.

saygoodby, Public Relations Manager at Noisy Oyster Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to provide consistently tasty and fresh dishes to our customers. Thank you for your business and the review, please know the cleanliness will be reported to our owners.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We wanted a quick stop before site seeing. The restaurant has open windows allowing you to enjoy the bustling streets of Charleston. The food was great (fried green tomato tower, peeled shrimp and coconut shrimp) and the service friendly and quick as we needed!