“Sea Food Fix”

Ranked #91 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Upper Concord Street
Description: Our seafood is caught in our own backyard, the Atlantic Ocean. You can always count on local and fresh at Noisy Oyster. Locally owned and operated since 1992.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Being in Charleston for a business and vacation I had a need for some fresh oysters and sea food. The Noisy Oyster did not disappoint at all. The dozen oysters were nicely presented on a large plate with lots of ice and all the fixings. I also had a lobster pasta dish that was excellent. The prices were fair and the portions good. Nice atmosphere and very good wait staff. No complaints at all!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

With all of the wonderful restaurants in Charleston this is the one choice we'd like to take back. The crabcakes might have brushed against a crab and the soup would have been better served with a strainer to remove the bountiful serving of shells that was included. Add a waiter who didn't reflect the city's charm and service that was really slow and you have the makings of a poor choice for lunch.

There are better options available.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Last week we wanted to try a different restaurant since we head downtown often for a day trip. This time we went on a weekday for lunch. Much quieter than on the weekends which was nice. We ordered the fried green tomatoes as an app and although we've never had them so have nothing to compare to, we thought they were very good. I ordered the crab cakes on English muffins and they were very good and my husband got the meatloaf (he's not much of a seafood guy) which he enjoyed. Even though our waiter had only been there a couple weeks he did have restaurant experience and he delivered great service. We will definitely put this place on our rotation when we visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I just came back from a cruise and stopped for lunch at the Noisy Oyster. Steph, our server, was very attentive. The flounder is perfectly flaky and delicious. Their fries are also delicious, with some kind of seasoning I've never tasted on fries before. We loved our meal here!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The atmosphere at the Noisy Oyster was laid back, the food excellent. Not being from that area of the US I was nervous about trying a different type of fish than what I'm used to. The flounder was excellent, no fishy taste, just wonderful. Chelsey our wait staff was friendly and attended to our needs quickly. I'd definitely go back.