“Convienent, great place!”

Noisy Oyster Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper Concord Street
Description: Our seafood is caught in our own backyard, the Atlantic Ocean. You can always count on local and fresh at Noisy Oyster. Locally owned and operated since 1992.
Elmira, New York
“Convienent, great place!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Busy and bustling place to grab a quick bite and pretty drinks or a full dinner. Food selection was varied and everything we ordered (we went twice, once for early evening snacks and drinks and once for dinner) was fabulous.

Harrisburg, North Carolina
“Skip this place.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The food was not good. Although our server was very nice and the outdoor/open window atmosphere was good for the day we were there, only one meal was satisfactory. Known for the seafood,the only meal that was liked was the filet mignon our 13 year old ordered. My fish was so over cooked you couldn't even put a fork in it. They did replace it with a "not so bad" spinach salad. The shrimp and lobster stir fry had no lobster. We returned it to add lobster and the lobster meat was tough and horrible tasting. No wonder it wasn't added to the dish in the first place. That's about all I have to say. Just not worth a stop in Charleston when there are so many other wonderful places to eat. Sorry Noisy Oyster.

Charlotte, nc
“Probably wouldn't go back”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopped in here for a beer and immediately noticed that it was extremely hot in the restaurant. It is the end of July in Charleston and they had no A/C on and all the windows open in the middle of the afternoon. We still decided to sit and have a beer. The 1 bartender was overwhelmed with drink orders coming in from the dining room and was so busy making all those drinks, it seemed like forever before he came over and asked us what we wanted to drink. As I questioned him about a couple of local beers they had on tap, his body language and attitude just screamed "you are bothering me, I don't have time for this". When we were ready to go, it took a long time to get his attention and get our check too. I don't see what would make me want to come back here.

Visited July 2013
Madisonville, Kentucky
“A good find”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

After having salty and horrid She Crab Soup at a more well-known Charleston restaurant, I was hesitant to try it at the Noisy Oyster, but I'm glad I did. The presentation and the taste of the soup were both exactly as they should be. I was also pleased with my shrimp po' boy and everyone in my party received excellent service from Wendy, our server.

Vernon, CT
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

While visiting my parents in SC, we stopped here during a trip to Charleston. The food was quite good, better than I expected considering it's in a tourist area. My whole family enjoyed the food. It was fairly hot and humid out, but the restaurant, with it's open sides was still comfortable. Our waitress, Wendy, was very attentive and took great care of us.