“Great Atmosphere”

Ranked #91 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Neighborhood: Upper Concord Street
Description: Our seafood is caught in our own backyard, the Atlantic Ocean. You can always count on local and fresh at Noisy Oyster. Locally owned and operated since 1992.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

In good weather, this restaurant is open to the street, right across from the Open Market. The cold blue crab dip and crackers were among the best I've had. I had grilled salmon with sweet basil butter. It was extremely good. I have had it before and was craving it. The coleslaw was actually pretty good, which is always a plus for a seafood restaurant. My husband had a combo of fried oysters and flownder, which he enjoyed also.

It's a fun atmosphere, putting you right in the middle of the historic tourist part of the city. If you don't want that, go to the one in North Charleston. The decor is sort of tropical, with rattan ceiling fans and canoes hanging from the ceiling.

We go there several times a year and every once in a while, we are disappointed. But that is the exception so I think this is a fun place to go when you're visiting.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Oysters and calamari were amazing! Hubby had the rib eye ( cooked perfectly) And I had the seafood au gratin ( shrimp, crab cake, and scallops baked in cheesy goodness) and it was DELISH! Service was a little slow ( really young waiter) but food was hot and yummy. Restaurant has cool garage door type sides that open to the street. Very cool.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Ive been a local for 3 years now and it was my first time dining at the "noisy oyster" overall satisfied without a doubt. My bartender Mike gave excellent options on both meals and drinks. I highly suggested giving this joint a go, but if so make sure to request Mike!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This restaurant has wonderful seafood, drinks, location and staff. My party enjoyed their fish tacos, gumbo, fresh fish and crab stack. Everything tasted fresh and was very good!! Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Cute casual restaurant with very friendly staff. We sat at the bar and had the house red wines (generous portion) that were remarkably good as well as scrumptuous bacon wrapped shrimp. Lauren, our bartender, took great care of us and invited us back for happy hour from 4-8 p.m. when the house wines are $3.75/glass.