“Happy Hour?!”
Review of Joe Pasta - CLOSED

Joe Pasta
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We came in for happy hour, for their buy one get one free special. It was a wonderful place and ambience. The staff was super polite and had great manners. However, as soon as we entered we over heard the bartender David (Dave as he called himself). Made the statement ( in which I caught the tail end of) " I'm kinda like Paula Deen here". I'm not sure the contact in which it was used, but it would have been best to whisper it. Moving forward, it was apparently clear that Dave was under the influence of something. He was slurring his words! Totally unacceptable for the working environment. He also was making the statement to two women how he's the bosses boss, and that when "They" come in to work bumping that mess, he doesn't take there crap. That his word is law. An apparent flex of power, why he felt the need to tell these two women that is questionable. All this occurred while employees where moving and working about him. I took that as an apparent taunt. That's totally unnessacary, your employees should be respected and they should respect you as well. No bullies should be allowed in power positions, they will only continue to be a bully. Dave insisted we close out tab because he was clocking out to end his shift, Dave gave me my bill, which showed multiple mistakes. Which I pointed out and he changed. After he had clocked out, he sat at the bar and had a drink.... I pulled Dale aside to tell him my complaint. He sat, listened and was highly attentative to what I told him. He was more then willing to listen. He comforted me about the situation and even offered us a beer. I appreciate him taking the time to listen. He's a gem there at Pasta Joe's. All in all my experience was good, Dale made it great.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We wandered in here after a mixology tour last week and found the layout to be remarkably accommodating (just one pathway :P). The atmosphere was spunky and energetic, and we were seated right away by John, who was helpful and friendly.

The gnocchi entrée was very good and a bit of a twist from the classic. My husband practically inhaled the margherita pizza. I have no complaints! Even the prices were decent. I would LOVE to revisit this restaurant.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were in town for Spoleto and looking for a place to eat lunch. Stopped in here and had a great meal - good salad topped with delicious tilapia and one of the best slices of pizzas I've ever had (my brother-in-law let me snitch a piece!). The crust, topping and cheese were just right. The waiter was even charming ... brought me a glass of wine on the house. And the icing on the cake was a kiss on the hand as we left! Go if you get a chance.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have visited and written about this restaurant before and given it high marks based upon the Italian Sub Sandwich. I decided to try something a bit different this time, Pastrami Sandwich. Well, since what date is pastrami (which to me has mustard on it ) paired well with Cheese Wiz? I could not get into enjoying that meaty sandwich dripping with sweet flavor "something" and orange fake cheese instead of real cheese and dark and spicy mustard. So, that combo is a fail for Joe Pasta. If and when I return it will be for the Italian Sub dripping with oily, garlicky dressing. No more Cheeze pleeze.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We actually stopped in here just to have a drink while we waited for our reservation time at another resturant for brunch. Dale was very friendly and invited us back for dinner. We looked over the menu (which was dirty, as was the next 3 until I found a clean one) and my husband decided he would be back to try the blacken tilapia with shrimp, we asked Dale if we needed to make a reservation and he said if we came back he would guarantee us a table. We did go back that evening around 6 and Dale was still there (and remembered what my husband wanted) as was the bartender, Dan. Dan was really friendly with a guy next to us, not sure if he was a friend or a food critic, but Dan seemed very anxious to please him. He was also quite loud and obnoxious. We asked for a table upstairs and moved up there. Dan came up later and ordered a drink, he did not look like he needed one, then after the bartender went downstairs to get a bottle of something, he got up and went behind the bar and fixed himself another one. He told the people at the bar that he had a running tab. Must be a company policy, because the girl bartender was doing shots with her friends at the bar too, but she did keep up with the orders. Our waiter's name was Judson and he was wonderful. Explained the specials and was very attentive, without being clingy and was very professional. We explained to him that we like to take our time between courses and he did not rush us. We shared the caprese salad and my husband did get the blacken tilapia which he loved.I got the create your own pasta of spaghettini, pesto, scallops, shrimp, tomato and basil. It was fantastic and a huge portion. We enjoyed both the next night for dinner. We finished off a shared tiramasu and it was delish! Would recommend the restaurant, but keep an eye on your cocktails. LOL The also had a guy there playing jazz which was an added bonus.

1  Thank Karen T