“Big Disappointment!”

West Ashley Crab Shack
Ranked #120 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The West Ashley Crab Shack is conveniently located between Downtown & The Gardens. Specializing in local seafood cuisine with a southern flare. With easy access and large parking lot, able to accommodate tour buses as well as individual parking.West Ashley Crab Shack is wheelchair accessible and family oriented. Children are a specialty, with a full-page children’s menu meant for coloring, to a treasure chest of goodies to make the children smile. West Ashley Crab Shack has seating to accommodate all sizes of groups. From single dining to banquets, with a group menu capable of buffets to business lunches. Private dining room available upstairs with individual climate & music controls to fit all occasions.For winding down after work, try out our Happy Hour from 4-7. Offering a relaxing adult atmosphere with great Happy Hour food & drink specials. You will always find a friend at The West Ashley Crab Shack for Happy Hour.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Glanced at the last few reviews and made a hasty decision to eat here. The food was ok but certainly not great. Portion sizes were small--especially for the price--not a good value at all. Service was ok. Atmosphere (and level of cleanliness) has kind of a hole-in-the-wall feel. Not sure if this is on purpose or not. Definitely won't be back.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is one of the best seafood restaurants we've been to. The Folly Beach location is excellent as well and I'm sure their other location would be, also. We've had three different entrees on our visits. All are fantastic. The Toogoodoo Stew is a can't miss for sure. The Crab Duo is also excellent. The Shrimp and Grits is another can't miss. It is among the best we've ever had. Don't cheat yourself by missing this wonderful treat!! Note: The Folly Beach location has outside seating. I did not see any at the West Ashley location.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I believe it was July 17th we ate there and we both ordered shrimp. They were huge. They were fresh and breaded just right. The side dishes were excellent and the hushpuppies were great. We plan on eating there again when we visit Charleston. Our service was very good and everyone was very friendly.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was totally taken aback at the attention the customers sitting behind me and my party received..the manager visited this table several times during the evening making sure they were ok, suggesting dessert and basically doing what a great manager does..making sure their guests are receiving the best possible service..I even heard him say leave a review on tripadvisor...well guess what mr.manager...I am...even though you never even acknowledged me and my family were also visiting your resturant for the first time, never bothering yourself to even say hello, or hi yall..... we still enjoyed the food, our waitress stepped in where you turned and pretended we were invisible...hopefully you will see this and be reminded that ALL patrons deserve to be greeted and have the same down home welcoming....even if they just happen to be a black family visiting.

3  Thank buffydees
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This place is great! We were greeted immediately at the door with smiling faces. Our waitress, Nancy, was very attentive and personable. The food was phenemonal! Seasoned with love, tenderness and southern hospitality, I swear, it was great! I'm always nervous about trying a new seafood place and my search is over. We have a winner!