“Get the shrimp and grits!”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #151 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been to Bubba Gumps in Santa Monica before, and was not overly impressed but it was our first night and the restaurant was right there on Market Street and we were hungry and so we just popped in and ordered. I was very pleasantly surprised! The food was reasonably priced considering the location, the atmosphere was great, the location great, and the shrimp and grits was the best I had the whole time I was there (and I had it at three different restaurants!) We ate on the outdoor patio which was a nice way to spend the evening. I would definitely go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stopped just to see, it is always busy with tourist, but since I live here, never gave it much thought, wish I would have stuck to that. Food was AWFUL, actually sent it back and ended up eating my boyfriends salad. they pushed some funky drink and you get "the glass", well not really it's a plastic one. If you are in Charleston, take the time to eat at one of the "local" restaurants

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Visiting with family and had the good fortune of eating here again .....

The wait was short and the service was good...Everyone had their choice and the server did a great job bringing it all at the same time for us

Cannot say enough about the food it is delicious and well presented

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great place to eat I tried Jenny's Catch; tilapia on a bed of mashed potatoes with spinach, covered in a lobster butter sauce; it was very good and its more than enough food for one person. We had an interesting waiter; could not tell if he was Croatian or of Spanish heritage, he had just gotten to Charleston himself and could not recommend things but he was fun to talk to. The prices are reasonable and you can certainly bring children or a party to this place and have a good time.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I drove my daughter down to Charleston to get her moved in for pharmacy school at MUSC. We went downtown to Market Street and had lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. I knew these restaurants existed but had never eaten at one. We arrived around 10:50 and were told they opened at 11. They immediately offered to seat us early so that we could look over the menu and be ready to order. We ordered the calamari and spinach and artichoke dip for appetizers. Both were delicious. Our entrees were a shrimp salad, fish and chips, buffalo chicken sandwich, shrimp mac and cheese, and shrimp and grits. Everything was hot, fresh and delicious. The average entrée price was around $16.There was tons of movie memorabilia around and one television monitor was playing the movie. Overall, great food and fast service. We really enjoyed it.