“Al Di La restaurant never disappoints because food quality is the best, always!”
Review of Al Di La

Al Di La
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Di La is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #206 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 17
Description: Al Di La is a neighborhood restaurant serving simple, delicious Northern Italian fare made with fresh, local ingredients.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

In a recent visit Butternut Squash Soup with Pistachio Pesto was on the menu and what a treat!
Beautifully blended flavors and their Fettucini Bolognese is the real thing. In-house pasta and the sauce is authentic, and an added pleasure is that one can order a small serving.
Check out the pleasant bar where long-time bartender, Don, knows how to serve up your favorite cocktail--plus you can order a tasty little pizzette to go with it.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We are always impressed by the staffs knowledge and service in this upscale restaurant. It is our go-to restaurant for birthday and anniversary dinners, that have never let us down. Book a table well in advance.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Al Di La is a neighborhood place off the main drag, outside the tourist part of town. I've been there a few times over the years but I'm hardly a regular. We went for dinner a few nights ago on the heels of a pretty crummy Italian meal (elsewhere) a few nights earlier. Boy, what a difference. there were 4 of us and we all had something different. It was Restaurant Week and they were packed on a Wednesday night.
I had a prosciutto and cheese with honey starter that was outstanding.In fact, everyone's starter was outstanding. My friend had a Kale salad with assorted salumi,his wife had a farro salad and mine, the beef carpaccio. One was better than the next.
The mains, too, were terrific. If I had one criticism,it would be that I wanted more scallops on asparagus risotto. having said that, they were perfectly seared and I could have eaten a dozen.y buddy had pork shoulder that was melt in your mouth tender, and oh so flavorful. His wife had "Farm" chicken (I'm not sure where else you get a chicken) that was delicious. It was just a touch dry, but not much. lastly, My wife had the braised eggplant.Again, delicious. Soft, absolutely no bitterness in spite of the skin on presentation and a big hit with my eggplant loving spouse.
Lastly the deserts. I had a yummy lemon gelato, my buddy, a chocolate tiramisu and the ladies a glass of limoncello.
The tiramisu (of which I am no fan in general so I cannot comment on it taste wise) was presented in a parfait glass. A bit odd. It almost looked deconstructed,although not described as such on the menu. The wives were not happy, but that was not the fault of the restaurant. The listing on the menu was Limoncello alla Casa. Why they thought they were getting anything other than a glass of liquid I'm not sure. Oh well..
All in all, this was a great night out at a wonderful, neighborhood spot. I wish them continued success, but not so much that the tourists from downtown find out about it.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I heard this place was good. Maybe this was just a fluke but this was the worst meal I have ever had to sit through in a restaurant EVER!

We waited for an hour before we got a stitch of food to the table and our entree too way longer than that. They were not even busy. When I asked the server if he could bring us more to drink and check on our food he literally smacked his lips at me and rolled his eyes!!!!! I was not rude or anything but at that point I went to the host stand, no one was there for like 4-5 minutes. So I walked around and found the host and told him I wanted a new server. Instead he made our server apologize and comp most of our stuff. Mainly it was the service that was ridiculous, but when I finally got my food it was luke warm and it tasted EXACTLY like Chef Boyardee. It was uncomfortable having him wait on us after that. It was like eating at "Dick's" and getting the most rude service and worst food, but it was not a joke.

There are a zillion other place to eat in Charleston. Don't waste your time here.

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm somewhat of a mussel connosieur, so when I get a bowl that makes me want to lick up the sauce, you know I am happy. Everyone's food was good, but the mussels were agreed to be the best. The truffle pasta was also enjoyed by all.