“Food was great!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Meeting & King
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I Loved it. Recommend it to everyone. Southern fried chicken is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I expect to go often and invite everyone to do the same.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,967)

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Each time we return to Charleston we have lunch at Poogan's Porch. We enjoy lunch time as it is much less hectic and crowded. Their biscuits are to die for. All truly Southern restaurants have great biscuits, but these are the best. I don't usually eat dessert, but both the bread pudding and the banana pudding are so good that I will skip an entrée to have one of them. Each time we visit the food seems to get better (if that is possible). Love the old house and veranda, also.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Poogan's was one of the best brunches I've ever had in my life...and I like to brunch. It's an art form.

We got to Poogan's on a Saturday at about 11am. There was about a 20 minute wait so we headed inside to the bar for mimosas and bloody mary's. Great service, quick getting the drinks to us, and good drinks.

We were sat after about 15 minutes in one of the upstairs rooms. The restaurant itself is super cute and charming with lots of space. Looks small from the outside but is big inside.

Our server was great and gave us recommendations for what were his favorites.

We ordered 2-3 appetizers to the table including fried green tomatoes, the alligator bites, and the biscuits and gravy. GET THE BISCUITS AND GRAVY. IT WAS AMAZING.

They were really quick getting us new drinks and food. We were in an out in about an hour. Awesome service.

For our meal, most of us ordered the chicken and waffles as I'd heard from others that have been there that they are amazing. It was one huge waffle with about 5 pieces of fried chicken on it, then a blueberry Texas maple syrup. BEST THING I'VE EVER EATEN. Like seriously. GET THIS.

Overall, I loved Poogan's Porch and will DEFINITELY be back!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere. Food was very good. Service was excellent. Loved how the old house had been remodeled into restaurant. Place was packed with people waiting.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I had the shrimp and grits and my husband had the pork chop. Both were excellent. They also brought us some biscuits with sweet butter. The biscuits were so good that I would have been happy if they'd been my entire meal. Service was great and we'd definitely go back.