“Great Food in a Quirky Little Restaurant!”
Review of Poogan's Porch

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Meeting & King
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Food in a Quirky Little Restaurant!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Poogan's Porch is named after the dog who lived in the house and is buried in the front yard. It is located in a quirkly little house on Queen St. On nice evenings you can eat out on one of the porches. The food is awesome, especially the fried green tomatoes. The service is outstanding. I recommend that you make a reservation because it's very popular.

• Visited August 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Waitress was weird”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I absolutely loved their Mac and Cheese (made with smoked gouda) and my hand cut pork chop was great. My husband liked his food as well. But the waitress was abrupt, very distracted (they were busy but not that busy) and when I asked a question she just gave me a 1 word reply or a very short reply as she was racing off. If not for her I would give this a top rating.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank luv2trvl123
GMofPoogans, General Manager at Poogan's Porch, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for dining at Poogan's Porch and for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the poor service. We are known for our Southern Hospitality and friendly service so we will use your comments as a training tool. We hope to serve you again soon.

Luis Rodriguez
Poogan's Porch
SOUTHAMPTON, NJ
“Best dinner on our 2-week vacation”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We enjoyed eating on the second floor porch on a beautiful Spring evening. Our four dinners were excellent. Lots of yum-yums all through our meal. Outstanding bread pudding for dessert. Nice, down to earth, and friendly server. All in all, as good an eating experience that I remember in a long time. Good job Poogan!

Visited May 2014
Sandusky, Ohio
“Lovely Dinner spot!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Had dinner our first evening in town. No wait on a Monday evening and were able to sit outside. Great service and the food was delicious!

Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Quality, value, tradition”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Just stepping in to Poogan's, my heart sunk...autographed letters of b-list celebrities lined the walls, a building that has seen better days and having just enjoyed a cocktail at Husk...I thought "this was a mistake." But, I have to say, everything was just fine. More than fine really. The staff was very professional and personable and the food was very good, with generous portions and modest prices. The dining room is worn, but that actually was part of the charm. The bar for excellent food is set high in Charleston so I imagine you cannot survive unless you play along. Poogan's Porch contributes a traditional dining experience that I think many diners visiting Charleston will enjoy.