“Roll back prices!! Oh yeah”
Review of Poogan's Porch

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Meeting & King
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Completely for fills the Charleston experience. Great service, super comfortable, and don't forget the biscuits! Full proof menu, can't go wrong with any selection and something for everybody! Loved it!!!!

GMofPoogans, General Manager at Poogan's Porch, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for dining with us and we are proud to announce that we will extending our Rollback prices from 2/20-2/27. Please come back to see us soon. Luis Rodriguez, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,328)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had brunch at Poogan's porch. All 4 of us had delightful meals. The chicken is great, the Charlestown omelet with oysters was delicious and the pulled pork eggs Benedict was very tasty. Portions were large, service was excellent. The 4 of us enjoyed.

Thank you for dining at Poogan's Porch and for taking the time to review us. We look forward to your next visit. Luis Rodriguez, General Manager

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This restaurant is set in an renovated very old house. It a number of "dining room" set in the different rooms of the house. Our setting was intimate with only about nine other tables. The room had a fireplace which added to the romantic setting. The food was incredible and the service was attentive and excellent.

Thank you for dining with us and for your great review. Please come back to see us soon. Luis Rodriguez, General Manager

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were visiting Charleston for the day and decided to get advice on what to see and where to eat. Poogan's Porch was recommended to us and it is one of the best recommendations we have ever had. I was keen to try some of the local fare and was trying to decide between a dish that came with mashed potatoes and gravy or one that came with grits. I decided on the fried chicken and mashed potatoes, but told the server I had never tried grits. When he brought me my meal, he had added a side of grits so that I would know what they tasted like. All of my food was excellent!! My wife and her sister each had pasta. They were extremely pleased with their meals. Two days later we returned to Charleston and made another trip to Poogan's Porch so we could try some of the other dishes. We could not have been more pleased with our meals. If you are in the area, give this restaurant a try. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you for dining with us and for your wonderful comments. we look forward to serving you again soon. Luis Rodriguez, General Manager

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ate at Poogan's Porch after New Years with our children. My sister-in-law told us about it, so we went for lunch. The food was wonderful. My daughter and I split the iceberg wedge and we each had the chicken biscuit sliders. It was delicious. My son had a pasta dish and he and my daughter split the Aligator appetizer and loved it. My husband had a crab soup and a type of salad which I don't remember the name, but he also enjoyed his meal. We are heading back down this February and will be going back there to eat. The resturant has so much character and the charm of Charleston. I would recommend that you make reservations.

GMofPoogans, General Manager at Poogan's Porch, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Thank you for dining with us and for your great review. We can't wait to serve you again soon. Luis Rodriguez