“Great alternative dining”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were in Charleston for almost a week and were looking for someplace different to eat each night. Having been to Greece and had good food there, we decided to try the Old Towne as they had it listed in their window. While the place does not look particularly different than most places, the food was better than most for sure! I had the Super Special with Greek Potatoes, and my friend had the Combo Kabob with Rice. Both were tasty and large. They also have Retsina, which is a Greek wine that is hard to find in most places. There are a lot of places to eat in Charleston, but look for this one; you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Waiters are Great! The food was Excellent! I had the slow roasted chicken and the taste was excellent and so very moist! My Friend had flounder and as full as he was , he continued to eat the last nibble! I will be going back before we leave SC.. Thanks!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I saw this place online and I chose it because it was walking distance from where we were staying and it was reasonably priced and didn't look to fancy for my grandchildren. Well first off we waited a little long but it did seem they only had one waitress so I gave her a pass. But when she did come she was semi rude not friendly, again gave her a pass because she was busy. Then it took for ever to get food out but I noticed they seemed to have a food runner helping her bring food to the tables so I was glad about that so I thought our food would be hot at least. No it wasn't! And it took so LONG! Well we didn't get the food runner, she brought out our food and you could tell it had been under a warmer for a VERY LONG time! My grandkids buns for their burgers were dryed out and the meat looked like dryed out hockey pucks! My platter of assorted meats were terrible! The greek potatoes which I had been looking forward to tasted like leftovers they were not good. The meat was dry and bland not seasoned well especially the gyros they looked and tasted like a doggie chew treat, really bad! But the kicker is this, my son and his girlfriend split their check and I paid for myself and my grandkids I left her a 10.00 tip on a 54.00 dollar bill which I thought was fair considering the food and service. My son left her 5.00 on his 25.00 bill and he thought his girlfriend was going to do the same but I guess there was some confusion on the tip she thought he was paying the entire tip on both of their bills so she did not leave a tip on her 25.00 bill. So the next day she noticed that their had been a 10.00 tip written on to her bill so she called my son he said he had left her 5.00 and told us to make sure that the waitress didn't alter our tips, which she didn't alter our bills just his girlfriends. So this waitress who was not that great semi rude served us cold food which had been sitting in a window forever decided to tip herself on my sons girlfriends check! That's stealing! Yes she should have left something but there was a little miss communication with the tip. So I guess this waitress was mad she didn't leave her anything so she tipped herself! I told my sons girlfriend she should have called the restaurant but she didn't she said well its only 10 dollars. But its stealing! I guess she felt bad so she didn't call the restaurant and complain. But I'm scared this is not her first time doing this and does this quite often hoping most people won't notice which I'm sure they don't! Very disappointed in our food and service and I guess its my fault not complaining about the food when we got it but we were so hungry and had waited so long we just wanted to get out of there. But the stealing from my sons girlfriend is another matter! I can tell you I will never be back and I definitely won't recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank teresahaynes791
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Hoped for a real nice Greek restaurant here at the Olde Towne Grill, well located in the heart of the shopping area of historic Charleston. But no Greek music in the background, no Spanakopita as in the menu, the bathrooms were dirty as was the overall restaurant. Needs a good cleaning, staff on cell phones, etc. Not a great experience and it could have been and should have been. Food not bad at all however. Just needs lots of work to make it a special place in a wonderful city.

1  Thank johnnyfaberdeen
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Folks it don't get much worse than this place. My food was completely saturated in grease, old used grease at that.

1  Thank Capt_mick