“nice lunch spot”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
SC
“nice lunch spot”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great service and very consistent and quality food. The menu is very typically Greek as owned by a Greek family. Nice renovations since my last visit (when I lived in Chas--before the fire). We had the Greek chicken, gyro and spanokopita. All quite well-prepared and authentic! Overly abundant portions (leftovers!) and reasonably priced. No warm pita served with salads or pre-meal as seemed to get in the past. Greek potatoes not so great compared to others we've had--a little softer in texture and taste--but decent enough. Would definitely recommend for lunch, in particular, but maybe split a meal if not too hungry! :) Nice atmosphere too.

Almonte, Canada
“Good Service and value. Average Food.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is a local institution that has been here for 40 years. It is a family style restaurant. The service is very good, quick and attentive. They were able to give me a slightly modified meal from the menu with no problem. Most meals start out with a Greek Salad and some warm pita bread and butter (tzadziki would have been better). The salad is fresh and the dressing very good. I had souvlaki. The meat was little bland and came with a small cup of tzadziki and tomatoes/onions. My wife had Moussaka with potatoes and rice. The Moussaka was average, rice bland but potatoes were very tasty. I read online that they sell their dressing but the waiter told us not from the King Street location. He did get us a large cup of dressing which was really nice of him. Overall excellent service with average greek food. With so many good places here to eat, I will try somewhere else for my next meal out.

Hartsville, South Carolina
“Big fat greek lunch”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere in this little place, the front is bar-like but opens up into a larger high ceiling dining area in the back. The lamb was on a vertical rotating machine, so i guess its fresh everyday. The portion of my gyro was giant, a biiig plus in my opinion. Quality was not sacrificed for quantity, the gyro was excellent and the greek potatoes were pretty good too. Summer (girlfriend) had roasted chicken, which i was impressed with. Not a bad choice so stop by for a great lunch on King St!

Ohio
“Delicious lunch”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed lunch here. The server was attentive and was able to answer our questions about the menu. I thought the lemon chicken soup was fabulous. The pita bread was so good even my picky/steak-and-potatoes-loving husband enjoyed it. I ordered the salmon and it was so-so. The taste was okay but the texture was a bit rubbery. The Greek potatoes were very tasty, though. My husband thought the key lime pie was among the best he's tasted! We also thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack - it was all 90's tunes while we were there and we felt like we were back in college!

• Visited November 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great food, value, service, and LOCALLY OWNED!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I remember my first gyro at this same restaurant, same family owners, same location when I was around 12 years old (has it really been 40 years?). I was not disappointed when we visited recently. Generous portions, kind prices, great Greek wine with quick, friendly service make Old Towne a wonderful place to frequent! To me this is "comfort food", even if you choose the chicken option it's still as wonderful and lower in fat/cals/cholesterol!!