“Good Food and View of Charleston Harbor”

California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #111 of 939 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Voted “Best Waterfront Dining” and "Best Salad" 10 years running, by Charleston City Paper and “Best French Fries” by West Ashley Patch; here you’ll enjoy “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, giant chicken dishes, award winning salads and slow-cooked prime rib. The energy-packed atmosphere is complete with an expansive, wrap-around patio and bar overlooking the Ashley River. The restaurant also features late night bar bites; large party carry-out and catering, and accessibility for groups. Adjacent to Ripley Light Marina on the Ashley River.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

For lunch this was great. Good food prepared well, served nicely and with a view of the harbor.
Fun place for lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

The reservation system the hosts use really needs serious modification and updating. From a former restaurant employee, I was very peeved by how they told me it works and the inability to hold true to a quote time. Otherwise, our server was very rushed, but friendly, nothing I'd be upset over. The food was great as always, I've been here many times. The view is great, and I absolutely love the she crab soup and house salad with their honey mustard and bacon dressing.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Met an old friend for lunch as I passed through. The temperature was 73, skies clear, wind light and there was seating outside. A charming waitress made sure we had everything and it was a wonderful lunch looking out over the harbor. The have a very diverse menu and anyone should be able to find something. I have also eaten at the one at the Greenville, SC airport and they are consistent in service. Order their signature salad....Great!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is one of our "go to" restaurants when we have company visiting from out of town. The food and service is consistently good with an outstanding view. There are two drawbacks that keep this restaurant from rating as excellent, no reservations accepted and the noise level is extremely loud. That aside, this is a great place to eat and I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My dinner of San Franscico Shrimp was great. I usually don't like my shrimp too heavy with butter, but after asking the waitress who said it was buttery and w/o it, it would have no flavor. ( kinda out of it) I ordered it anyway and was pleasantly surprised. Not heavy at all. Husband ordered the catch, Tuna Medium rare.... Came in Well done. Dry dry dry and at 24.95, I am not happy. We hsd a shrimp app, delish, but waitress brought no napkins etc. Had to request silverware, napkins etc. I told the other waiter about the well done Tuna, he said he would check to see if it was indeed Tuna..... Huh? He never returned. Asked our waitress about the fact the Tuna was overdone, she got a manager. He was great, refunded the cost of the Tuna and was wonderful. The kind of manager restaurants need. The salad was wonderful beyond words! Would def eat here again as the food was essentally good and they took care of the "tuna" problem which I think was either the waitress' fault or the kitchen. Get the house salad!