“High Cotton ROCKS !”

High Cotton Charleston
Reserve with OpenTable
High Cotton Charleston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Description: High Steppin' Lowcountry Living. It's a feeling of warmth and celebration that begins the moment you step inside. You'll find it in our gracious, knowledgable servers, expertly prepared dishes and a remarkable cocktail and wine program. From conversation and laughter in our bar to our stylish dining rooms of heart pine floors and antique brick, you'll come to understand true Charleston hospitality. That is, there's always cause for celebration - of our neighbors, our food and drink and each other. It's our great pleasure to share it with you.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had an awesome dinner just recently at High Cotton. My pork, and partner's lamb were probably the best we have ever had, or at least close to it. This rivals NYC, LA, San Fran, Chicago restaurants that we have tried. (and may i say much cheaper than those cities too! ) . Would not hesitate to recommend this as a 'fine dining' experience for anyone.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Charleston.
We love to have Sunday Brunch and Dinner at this lovely restaurant.
The live jazz is such a delightful touch to enjoy while dining.
The food is always fresh and delicious and perfectly presented.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Friends and I came here on a whim based on reviews online. Well none of us really enjoyed what we ordered.

The service was superb and and atmosphere was nice.

I ordered some gazpacho, expecting a lovely cool tomato soup, well no it tasted more like it should go on salad. It honestly tasted like I was drinking salad dressing and i didn't finish it. Other people at the table ordered fish, I believe salmon and it was OKAY for what it was. Tables around us were also complaining, so it perhaps was an off day.

Because of this I'll give it a 4 because everyone was welcoming I just think I should've made some better food choices on another day.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Remembering all the times we took my mother there for Sunday brunch, we went for Sunday barunch again and were disappointed. Service was spotty, food was overpriced, and the food quality was not what it used to be, although the fried oysters were delicious. Cocktails, especially the bloody mary, were very good. I think there are much better brunch options in Charleston now.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We loved the atmosphere, jazz, Expresso Martinis, and desserts. Our meals were also every good except for the scallops which were quite bland. Also our service could have been better. Mainly our server had no personality or even a smile. We will definitely come back though.