“We would return” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of High Cotton Charleston

High Cotton Charleston
Reserve with OpenTable
High Cotton Charleston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Description: High Steppin' Lowcountry Living. It's a feeling of warmth and celebration that begins the moment you step inside. You'll find it in our gracious, knowledgable servers, expertly prepared dishes and a remarkable cocktail and wine program. From conversation and laughter in our bar to our stylish dining rooms of heart pine floors and antique brick, you'll come to understand true Charleston hospitality. That is, there's always cause for celebration - of our neighbors, our food and drink and each other. It's our great pleasure to share it with you.
Florida
“We would return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We arrived a little early and enjoyed some drinks at the bar before dining. Lisa was a great bartender, very friendly.

We were seated in the "back" dining area, at a window table next to a 5-top with a number of young children. Our waiter Seth did a great job. Solid menu recommendations and a very pleasant yet professional demeanor. Among the recommendations were the octopus salad and chilled lobster app. They were both so good that they could have stolen the show.

The grouper was actually not exceptional. We would not recommend it. Not bad, but just not all that great. Then came the rabbit. Very, very good. Not a huge portion, but it was prepared by a culinary artisan.

As in many places, knowing what to order can make a big difference. We will be back and order based on our very positive prior experience.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Hoover, Alabama
“Enjoyed our stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We made reservations prior to our Charleston visit. We were seated within a few minutes. We enjoyed the clam/mussel appetizer. I odered the strip steak & it was great. My wife ordered the Chef's special which was described as surf & turf a sirlon while @ medium well was hard to cut so you know it was terrible to chew. When we made our reservation we mention we were celebrating our Anniversary we were seated @ a nice table with a window view & a card wishing us Happy Anniversary. They gave us comp. glass of champange. Would the Chef special keep us from dinning @ HighCotton if in Charleston again... The answer is no.

• Visited August 2013
Marana, Arizona
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Loved everything....from the decor, front of the house, back of the house....everything! The food was the best....literally everyone in a food coma when we got up from the table. Definitely, definitely going back the next time.

Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Classy Brunch Spot with Spot on Chicken n Waffles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

As my boyfriend and I walked into High Cotton, the sounds of live jazz filled the restaurant! From that moment, I knew it was going to be a great dining experience. As we checked into our reservation, we were seated immediately and greeted by our server. She was super helpful and gave me a few of her favorites, which helped me decide that I was definitely going the Chicken and Waffles route! The chicken was actually white meat chicken wrapped around a delish little sausage then deep fried and placed on a pecan waffle! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Their bloody Mary's were so so, nothing to write home about, but my dish made up for it. My boyfriend had eggs Benedict with pork belly on top... This was his favorite restaurant of the trip so it must have been delectable. The best part of the whole experience was the grits... Like woah. They were the best tasting plain grits I have ever had. It tasted like there may have been some type of cheese, they were so creamy and the texture was out of this world. Do yourself a favor, if your dish doesn't come w/ grits, order them as a side... After tasting them on my boyfriends plate, I ordered my own bowl!

Visited August 2013
Katy, Texas
“This is one of the best ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I made a note in the reservation that it was our 20th anniversary. We were seated in a smaller dining room along the window. Our server, Delia, was probably the best we've ever had. She was pleasant, efficient, and attentive without being disruptive. We started with cocktails...I had their local variation of a mint julep. Really good. Then had a special fig/bacon appetizer. OMG. We had a fried green tomato salad which I enjoyed. Be advised that these tomatoes were pickled in dill. They were good, but surprising. Then we shared a sirloin that they sliced and split for us.

I am not doing this restaurant justice. The ambiance, service, food, and wine were all superb. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

• Visited August 2013