“Overpriced and slow”

High Cotton Charleston
Reserve with OpenTable
High Cotton Charleston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Description: High Steppin' Lowcountry Living. It's a feeling of warmth and celebration that begins the moment you step inside. You'll find it in our gracious, knowledgable servers, expertly prepared dishes and a remarkable cocktail and wine program. From conversation and laughter in our bar to our stylish dining rooms of heart pine floors and antique brick, you'll come to understand true Charleston hospitality. That is, there's always cause for celebration - of our neighbors, our food and drink and each other. It's our great pleasure to share it with you.
“Overpriced and slow”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The service was very slow. The food was OK when it came - nothing particularly interesting or fancy - just plain and simple. The live music was not jazz as we had hoped.

• Korean first
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, poor service and environment”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food here is great, has been on both occasions that I've visited. The first visit was great in every regard, this second one was a bit of a letdown. For the price range I expect great service, but I did not have that experience. I repeatedly had to ask for refills. The bar is noisy and in the middle of the restaurant, so the restaurant was noisy as a result

Naples, Florida
“Can it get any better ???”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice in four evenings. It is superb. Both times I had to call the restaurant direct because" Open Table" had no openings within 2 hrs of my 7:00 request. I had a fantastic fried oyster app.for starters, followed by a mouth watering filet magnon, fried brussels sprouts and french fries. The next night I went with the oyster app. as a entree along with the sprouts and fries,The ambience is bright and happy and the wine list is above average. A special thanks to Robbie,Megan,Tom, Andrew and Justin. All of these people greatly enhanced our dining experience. I can't wait to return to Charleston and High Cotton.

• Visited July 2013
Dublin, Georgia
“GO FOR BRUCH!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is famous from so many movies filmed in Charleston...We sat at the same table which was filmed from the movie "THE NOTEBOOK"...There is also live music in the evenings which really tops off the meal...

Denver
“Wonderful Eatery”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

High Cotton was a marvelous find in Charleston. The elegant setting, live jazz, and coureous staff all made it a very pleasurable experience. The food is top quality, though I would not classify it as particularly risk-taking. If you are a die-hard "foodie," you may be a bit bored, but if you are just a normal person looking for a great meal and a classic atmosphere then this is it. If I had to summarize the experience I would say that High Cotton has managed to take all that we romanticize about fine dining from fifty years ago and updated it to feel classic without being stuffy.

• Visited June 2013