“Delicious!”

High Cotton Charleston
Reserve with OpenTable
High Cotton Charleston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Description: High Steppin' Lowcountry Living. It's a feeling of warmth and celebration that begins the moment you step inside. You'll find it in our gracious, knowledgable servers, expertly prepared dishes and a remarkable cocktail and wine program. From conversation and laughter in our bar to our stylish dining rooms of heart pine floors and antique brick, you'll come to understand true Charleston hospitality. That is, there's always cause for celebration - of our neighbors, our food and drink and each other. It's our great pleasure to share it with you.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My friends and I stopped in here last Saturday to get out of the rain for a bite to eat during SEWE. The servers sat us next to the window which was just perfect - it really felt like we were living high cotton getting to watch all the people walking by! There were six of us so we covered a lot of ground on the menu but I think my favorite was the ham and cheese croquette. Sooooo goood. The fried oysters were out of this world too especially washed down with Maverick Chardonnay. We were so happy that we stopped in - I can't recommend it enough!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,145)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked High Cotton remotely, while planning for our first visit to Charleston. And we're glad we did. My wife and I much enjoyed the food and the ambience of High Cotton. It was an absolutely wonderful Valentine's Day experience for us both. And our server, Wayne, proved just as excellent as the food.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

What's to dislike? Other than the fact that there are so many delicious dishes you can't try them all. Prefer to sit in the main dining room love the plantation old south feel. Great dining, good service.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

From atmosphere and the staff to the food, High Cotton is a great dining experience. This was a repeat lunch visit for me (although I did not review it before) and I was just as pleased the second time as the first. From the shrimp and grits to the soft shell crab sandsich to the reuben, everyone in our party was full of good words about their meal. Service was excellent...you were made to feel welcome upon entering the restaurant and that feeling stayed with you until you walked out the door. I found our lunch reasonably priced and a good break from a busy day in Charleston. Do make a reservation....

Reviewed February 17, 2013

High Cotton is such a fun place to dine--busy with pleasant seating . The meal was well prepared and cooked with a Charleston flair. Our waiter was outstanding, friendly and well informed re food and wine.We were impressed by how gracious the staff was to all.