“Southern dining at its best”
Review of Charleston Grill

Charleston Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Description: The Charleston Grill offers Contemporary Lowcountry cuisine featuring fresh local produce, seafood & game, prepared with a French accent. Emphasis is placed on the quality of the ingredients, unique presentations & sophisticated textures. Local ingredients include rabbit, oysters, crabmeat, shrimp, fish, duck, greens & grains. Paneled walls, herringbone floors, softly padded carver chairs & local folk art blend with live jazz to create an elegant, but casual setting. The private Vintner's Room features walls of glass-fronted wine cellars showcasing the impressive stock of vintages from around the world.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had the rack of lamb this week. My number one favorite restaurant within my favorite hotel! The staff is warm and friendly and you won't be disappointed with the menu selections!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Everything is top notch at this restaurant. This is an elegant restaurant serving great food. Waiters are very knowledgeable. Atmosphere is relaxing - jazz ensemble playing.
Worth going to - keep in mind it is pricey.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

A top notch dining experience. Of course you will pay the price for this experience as well but you know that going in. Service and food was excellent. Lots of attention. Also a great Jazz Band plays in the corner for extra added ambiance. Make reservations early to get your desired time. The filet mignon melted in our mouths.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Its been a little while since I've been to the Charleston Grill, and each time I go, usually with my wife, we ask ourselves why we don't go more frequently.
I had an early dinner with a young friend who had celebrated his 16th birthday the week before. I had called and asked Mickey Bakst (GM and wonderfull host) for a nice table and mentioned it was a special occasion.
Mickey greeted us when we arrived and does what he does so well, make you feel very special and that nothing is too much trouble.
We had an incredible meal, followed by a chocolate wafer with personalized birthday wishes.
A great restaurant in a city with lots of competition. But if you are looking for a restaurant for that special occasion, or you are in the mood for something a little less casual than most of the great Charleston restaurants, you won't regret going to Charleston Grill.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our whole dinner experience was wonderful. We were seated in a romantic table, sitting next to each other looking out. Contemporary music was being played by a father and son on keyboard and violin. The food was delicious! I had the mozzarella and tomato salad and shared the rib-eye with my husband. Glad we did because the portion would have been huge. My husband had the quail to start. I would love to get the recipe for the cauliflower side dish- it was so good!
The staff are outstanding! Courteous, chatty but not too all over you. Mikey, the Maître De was so helpful in giving us advice in where to go to eat and visit on our next leg of our vacation.
I would so recommend this place for a special occasion or if you just want a fine dining experience.