“The Best Resturant in the City!!”
Review of Charleston Grill

Charleston Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Description: The Charleston Grill offers Contemporary Lowcountry cuisine featuring fresh local produce, seafood & game, prepared with a French accent. Emphasis is placed on the quality of the ingredients, unique presentations & sophisticated textures. Local ingredients include rabbit, oysters, crabmeat, shrimp, fish, duck, greens & grains. Paneled walls, herringbone floors, softly padded carver chairs & local folk art blend with live jazz to create an elegant, but casual setting. The private Vintner's Room features walls of glass-fronted wine cellars showcasing the impressive stock of vintages from around the world.
Gibsonville, NC
“The Best Resturant in the City!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

WOW what can I say, the resturant is without doubt the best in a city known for fine dinning. The staff is highly attentive and eager to make your dinning experience special. Our waitress Nicole was so full of charm and personality and treated so very well. She served our dinner in separate courses,allowing us to enjoy the flavor of each dish individually, all while guiding our dinning by style. The jazz band added to the upscale ambience of the decor. The food was incredible!!! We enjoyed the outstanding chops and Tia Fish before finishing with the Creme Bulee for desert. Between courses she brought us sampler appetizers and finished the night off with a wonderful dessert platter celebrating our 25th Anniversary!! Thank you for a dinning experience we will never forget.

bradenton
“Superb!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My northern Irish raised husband ate grits!!! (speciality side dish). We had a fantastic meal with top service. Food was beautifully presented in a peaceful environment.

Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Number one restaurant plus atmosphere”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

There are others that the food is good also but the Charleston Grill has music , better service, spacious surroundings compared to others. Surprise food presentations in addition to what you order. The food is fabulous no matter what you order and you arevon the Main Street, King street, In a shopping center with Louis Vutton , Tommy Bahama, with a parking garage in the rear if you can't find room on the street. Only criticism I could give is the Maitre'd did not frequent our table , we must not have looked so good. He visited every other table we could see in front of us.

Inlet, New York
“High Dining in the Low Country”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had dinner with a group of 12, everyone left satisfied with the efficient service and quality of the food. The grill is in a modern building and the food is sophisticated . I ordered salad and scallops. The scallops were well cooked and had a fresh taste. The dressing for the lettuce was delicious. Good wine list

• Visited May 2013
Somerset, Virginia
“Excellent Birthday dinner!!! Perfect way to end the evening!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I made reservations to dine here for my birthday while visiting from Virginia. We were not disappointed!! We were seated directly in front of the live jazz band which by the way was fabulous!! The music was never too loud just very relaxing. My husband ordered the beef tenderloin which was done to perfection!! I ordered the butter poached lobster and was a bit disappointed with it but it was no big problem. The waiter simply saw that I was a bit unhappy with my meal and sent it back with no problem...now that's service!! So I then ordered exactly what my husband had which was the beef tenderloin and I was not disappointed at all!!! The desserts were fantastic and added a nice finishing touch to the evening with a glass of moscato. Over all I give this dining experience a 5 at being excellent...would definitely return again.