“Wow! The world class!”
Review of Charleston Grill

Charleston Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Description: The Charleston Grill offers Contemporary Lowcountry cuisine featuring fresh local produce, seafood & game, prepared with a French accent. Emphasis is placed on the quality of the ingredients, unique presentations & sophisticated textures. Local ingredients include rabbit, oysters, crabmeat, shrimp, fish, duck, greens & grains. Paneled walls, herringbone floors, softly padded carver chairs & local folk art blend with live jazz to create an elegant, but casual setting. The private Vintner's Room features walls of glass-fronted wine cellars showcasing the impressive stock of vintages from around the world.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

They called me by last name throughout the time we were there. They asked for my name upon arrival. I was in turtleneck, nice leans and leather loafer but didn't feet out of place there. The live music with a Jazz trio was very nice, quality music but not overpowering. The presentation as well as the quality of food was amazing. You will dine here for the experience and quality. For the reason, the price paid was right and reasonable. I will definitely return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

There was quite honestly not one thing wrong with our meal. The service was out of this world and quite simply the crab cake was the absolute best I have ever had in any country, at at any time, EVER! We split a salad and the kitchen graciously split it, presentation was divine. The crab grits were creamy and also the best. Not one little thing that I can think of for them to do different. Expensive but worth it!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is the restaurant I want to go for any special occasions. The servers are friendly enough but polite, always smiling, and very helpful. That is the service I expected to the restaurant of four or five stars. It was very elegant setting, but we were relaxed and enjoyed our dinner very much.

The food.... Ahhh! First of all, the chef is very talented. The presentation was beautiful, the waves of flavor is so much enjoyable.
The night, we did not have a big appetite, so we ordered just a soup, a salad, and we shared the crab cake. This crab cake is full of crab flavor. When you see my photo, you will not believe this was "shared" dish. Each dished looked perfect!

After the main dish, the small dish was served. "Goat cheese mousse with apple sauce". This was the excellent! I could never imagine the goat cheese mousse is so delicate and fun!

I had a "caramel three way"(?) for dessert. I enjoyed every bite of it, but was VERY sweet. The coffee was very good with this sweet delight.

Anyway, we liked this restaurant so much, so we are looking forward coming back again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Charleston is an amazing culinary city with many very good restaurants, so we love going there as often as we can. Charleston Grill stands out in many ways, the service and servers are among the best, it is wine friendly and the food top notch! I had the lobster, which was wonderful and the side of brussel sprouts to die for. My wife had the flounder that was flakey and tasty. The jazz being played was a bonus, do not miss this gem!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you like refined dining, impeccable service, and beautiful, tasty food...this is the place for you! My husband was told he didn't need a jacket but almost every man was wearing one. He was still addressed as "Mr. " the entire meal. The bread service was nice as many restuarants just plop a basket on the table. The chef sent out a little appetizer surprise and while we didn't order dessert our table was presented with a small platter of mini desserts that we relished! The ladies are then gifted with a small gold-foil carry out box with homemade banana bread to take home for breakfast! All these little "extras" made us feel special. There are 2 servers and one looked so familiar I mentioned that he did...he said he often gets "John McCain." He was sweet.

1  Thank crazy4beagles