“Excellent meal”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My fiance & I recently did a cross country foodie road trip & found this to be one of the best restaurants in the south - the pimiento & seafood/grits were excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,197)

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Came to check it out with my wife and I was really impressed. There is free parking right next door so don't be like me and pay $8 for public parking a block away. :)

It was a really great atmosphere. Classy but not too much so, our waitress (didn't catch her name) was really helpful and the perfect balance of being helpful without being overwhelming. Our food (New York Strips) were expensive ($31 each) but were definitely worth the money and very well cooked.

Great for a romantic date :).

1  Thank Mason11987
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We read about Magnolia's in our book of 1001 things to see before you die, and went there on the last night of our trip. It was by far the best restaurant we went to all week. I got the spicy shrimp and sausage on grits, and I think it's my new favorite dish. A definite must see/eat.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Magnolias is an elegant restaurant, more on the upscale side and very popular with tourists. It serves southern cuisine. I would recommend calling ahead for a reservation. The food was really good, everyone enjoyed their meals. They have "small plates" which is nice because once you get a soup or salad you don't need a huge plate of food. They also have regular sized plates. They have two rooms. It appears that one room is where they seat families and the back room is for couples. My husband is still talking about the pecan pie which he claims is the best he's ever eaten.

2  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The dishes were, in a word, fabulous. It was pricey, but we didn't feel cheated and it is definitely on our list when we return to the city.