“Best We Had”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Knoxville, TN
“Best We Had”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The dishes were, in a word, fabulous. It was pricey, but we didn't feel cheated and it is definitely on our list when we return to the city.

Burlington, Canada
“Magnolia's is a must .........try the outside patio if it's available!”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

It was our 20th Anniversary this year so my husband took me to Magnolia's. We ate there back in the 90's and I fell in love with it. Husbands........if you want to take your wife someplace nice with delicious food I suggest Magnolia's Restaurant on East Bay St.

Lexington
“a polished gem!”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

All 6 people in our party were quite happy with Magnolias - the food, service, wine selection, desserts, atmosphere - all were top of the line. We had gazpacho (see picture), caesar salad, tasty bread, ahi tuna (see pic), grilled salmon (see pic), wonderful wine, and tasty key lime pie. Charleston has a gem with Magnolia's!

owego
“Top Notch!”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I loved Magnolia's. After a nasty experience at Peninsula Grill the night before, I was feeling edgy, especially because initially, they got our reservation wrong, so we actually ended up waiting 40 minutes, and the hostess denied any responsibility, which felt like deja vu from the previous night, but once seated, I was quite pleasantly surprised at how unpretentious and delicious Magnolia's was....and the bill was actually less than I had anticipated! Our server, Jiles(?) was very charming and accomodating and saw to it that we were able to enjoy our dinner and get out of the restaurant in time for the fireworks over the harbor on our 25th anniversary. Every course of the meal was prepared to perfection and full of flavor and there was not a crumb left for a mouse. We took desert to go...to eat on our private harbor balcony, and having never had pecan pie before, I thought I died and went to heaven!! I regret not getting a Magnolia's cookbook because the restaurant is now on my top list of favorites. Do NOT miss this one!!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Terrific experience last night...”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Terrific experience last night...

* The roasted salmon was great and the fried chicken was also excellent!

We are looking forward to our next visit!