“Exceptional Food”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Four years ago, I ate at Magnolia's and as an appetizer was introduced to homemade chips covered with melted blue cheese crumbles and chopped spring onions. I have been trying to duplicate the recipe ever since. Quite good.

This time (Aug 2014) I had the fried chicken which is very good but my daughter had the Salmon for lunch. The Salmon looked like it was right out of Gourmet Mag. She was so impressed she took a picture of it. Plus, it was very good.

It is a little $$$. however you'll probably be talking about a long time after your visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,945)

Reviewed August 25, 2014

This place is pricey and you need to dress up, but it sure is worth it! The food is amazing! The best I can describe it as fancy southern food. I totally recommend for special occasions or romantic date nights!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I loved the different ways they prepare common foods. Awesome presentation of food. Our server Sam was great and very attentive. The food is a little on the $$$$ side but worth spending a romantic evening with my husband.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Just a great restaurant. We stop every time we visit Charleston and find the menu and service always exceptional. Magnolias has been recently renovated and the place looks great. On this visit we had the flounder and the seafood medley with grits. Both were excellent. THe pecan pie, however, is superb and worth the calories! Waitstaff here is well trained and professional. This time we were served by Brian who recommended our entree choices. We have not found anything on the menu we haven't thoroughly enjoyed. Even though the place is always busy/crowded, we were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation time. If you are in Charleston. a trip down East Bay to Magnolias is a must.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We were looking for a great place in downtown to eat lunch and just came across Magnolias. It was the best food down here I've had. Super place and the atmosphere was great too.