“Uptown down South!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Kilcullen, Ireland
“Uptown down South!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I was eager to sample southern cooking on my recent visit to magnolias and to be honest, it far exceeded my expectations at magnolias. BBQ pulled pork, creamy grits, biscuits, collared greens, corn bread and fried chicken were all sampled by my girlfriend and I in the night. All of which we thoroughly enjoyed. I'd recommend the BBQ pulled pork in particular! We ended the night with a perfectly caramelised vanilla bean creme brûlée. As for service, our waiter showed us that southern hospitality is alive and well. Great food, service and company, what more could you ask for? Definitely worth a visit while in charleston.

boone
“Excellant food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Food was very good. The atmosphere was very nice. Overall experience was great. I definitely would go back. Pecan pie and fried chicken was out of this world.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Great food, but NO AC in the bathroom!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This is an upscale restaurant with high prices. The food is terrific, but the ladies bathroom condition is disgusting. There was no air conditioning or ventilation in it, and it had a horrible smell. When we asked the hostess why the bathroom had no air conditioning, she said she wondered the same thing herself. There is no excuse for this. When you are paying high prices for gourmet food, you expect a ladies room that reflects the upscale ambiance of the restaurant.

Visited July 2014
Melbourne, Florida
“What a great dinner ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner there this past Friday and all I can say is WOW. I lived in Charleston over 15 years ago and loved this place back then. Wow it's just as good now as it was then. The crab cake is one of my favorites. We even had a six year old with us and she lived it too. I will so be back!

1 Thank Cwilsey
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Magnolias”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was our first dinning experience at Magnolias in downtown Charleston, SC. When we arrived, they said about 30-45 min wait and took my cell number to text when our table was ready. We started to do some sightseeing when they texted us that our table was ready, Our wait was just 5-10 minutes (nice, especially with no having a reservation).
The inside was very nice. I had the Crab cake entree, my wife had the fried green tomato appetizer. It was one of there signature dishes. There was a small slice of country ham in-between the tomato slices served on top of creamy grits and topped with tomato chutney. My crab cake was served over jasmine rice & creek shrimp pirloo, sautéed spinach, tomato butter. Both dished were delicious. What a great first time experience - highly recommend Magnolias.

• Visited July 2014