“Food for the Soul”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Pensacola, Florida
“Food for the Soul”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stop here for some amazing food! I will be sure to visit this restaurant anytime I come to Charleston.
My daughter and I split the seafood with grits and Fried green tomato BLT with pimento cheese. Enough food for both of us to share. The sweet tea is also very refreshing on a hot day. Be sure to visit and enjoy!

Lexington, South Carolina
“Always a favorite!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is our first stop in Charleston and have never been disappointed. Wonderful bread and butter to begin with and then wide variety from the menu. Always fresh and well prepared. Great service--just a good experience. You must try this great place.

Visited July 2014
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“One of the must eat at places I go to every time I go to Charleston”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have eaten at Magnolia's for years. It is the place I have to go to no matter what I am in Charleston for. They have a convenient parking lot between Magnolias and their other restaurant Blossoms. Both places are good but Magnolia's is by far the best. I enjoy best their steak with pimento cheese. I have tried about everything and have yet to leave without enjoying everything I have eaten. Well worth a try if you are going to Charleston

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“If I Lived in Charleston, I Would Eat There Often”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a reservation and were promptly seated. The server was knowledgeable and efficient. The Pimiento Cheese with Charleston Flatbread was a delicious appetizer. I had Blackened Catfish with dirty rice, fried green tomatoes, habanero chutney and tomato butter. My wife had Parmesan Crusted Flounder with jasmine rice & creek shrimp pirloo, sweet corn, tomato, & asparagus salad, lump crab, citrus beurre blancand. The seafood was fresh and perfectly prepared. The only criticism I have is that the pecan pie for dessert was nothing outstanding. My only regret is that we live far away and can't dine their regularly.

Denton, Texas
“Amazing as always!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This place lives up to its good reputation. I have been many times over the last few years and have yet to have had a bad experience.

The food is excellent and the staff is so pleasant. This is also a great clean comfortable location.

Just a tip, don't miss the peach sweet tea cake. It is truly heaven on earth!