“Southern Food at its Best”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We walked into Magnolia's after many hours of walking through Charleston. We did not have a reservation; however, we hoped they would seat since we came in around 3:30. We were thrilled when they did. I had chosen Magnolia's for it's fried green tomatoes. Its one of my favorite southern dishes that sadly I can not find in Florida. My husband and I had the fried green tomatoes as our appetizer. The tomatoes were served over a bed of grits, surrounded by a tomato butter sauce, and covered with smoked ham, tomatoes and onions. It was better than I could have ever imagined. My husband ordered the wahoo special served over lobster mac-n-cheese and with a side of french string beans. The serving of wahoo was large. He was impressed with the large pieces of lobster throughout his mac-n-cheese. His lunch was amazing. I had the bouillabaisse. The flavors were in my bouillabaisse was unlike anything I've ever experienced. The portions were very generous for a lunch menu and the meal was outstanding. I will recommend this restaurant to any friends visiting Charleston.

1  Thank MaddyP7770
Write a ReviewReviews (5,839)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

It was our last day in Charleston and my wife said we couldn't leave without having some southern fried chicken. So we went to Magnolia's. We had the fired green tomatoes and split a southern fried chicken platter. Our daughter had the salmon BLT. She loved hers and we couldn't even finish our half orders. But it was delicious and the service, as with all of our restaurants, was terrific.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My new husband and I were honeymooning in Folly Beach, SC. We spent a day in downtown Charleston walking and shopping. Magnolia's was highly recommended, so we decided to have a nice dinner there. This place is five-star all the way around! Superb cuisine, atmosphere and servers. It was a little pricey, but was worth it for the total package that evening!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place was so great, we had to eat there twice in our three day trip to Charleston! I highly recommend the seafood with grits and the 8 oz filet with pimento cheese topping. Fantastic!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Terrific low-country cuisine in Charleston. Went for lunch this time and our group had a pork belly special app, shrimp and grits, fried chicken and a fried chicken salad. Our meal started with the wonderful bread and butter. The food was terrific and plentiful. This is a great place for friends, family, wine and food. Highly recommend.

2  Thank vwconvdc1195