“One of our all time favorites”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 946 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We've been here twice. Fantastic both times. Great meal, great service. You must try the pork chop! One of the best anywhere.

1  Thank lucycan
Write a ReviewReviews (5,902)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Wow .. What can I say this place is awesome! Food was too good to be true! Definitely recommend to everyone!

1  Thank Maria H
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food and service--Excellent. Ask for the back room, which is quieter and very Charleston. Everything is delicious. I have been there many times and tried many things!!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I thought the kitchen was exceptional on New Year's Eve given how busy the restaurant was. We had our meal in less than one-half hour and it was beautifully prepared and presented.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I live in New England which means top notch southern cooking is a rarity. I had the good fortune to spend a few days in Charleston and had the opportunity to sample some of its top rated restaurants. While they were all extremely good, I could not tell you what I had a day or two later. The one exception was Magnolias. They had the best fried green tomato dish I have ever had. I not only thought so, my two dinner companions did as well. The collard greens were also outstanding. Our table's main dishes included pork, fish and pasta all of which were exceptional. Our meal was so good that when I stumbled upon the chef's cookbook at the Rainbow Market I bought it. Given how wonderful some of their dishes that I made turned out I can only imagine how good they are when Magnolias' chef makes them.

1  Thank Twocat74