“Excellent”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups, International, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Trenton, New Jersey
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was in Charleston for a conference, not all wanted to eat here, but after dinner they were glad we did. The food was absolutely delish! Several of us had the fried chicken, which was so tasty including the sides. A few had the salmon and thorough enjoyed it. We went in with no expectations, but left very satisfied.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank debdeg

Dallas, Texas
“Not At the Top of Its Game”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to Magnolia with great expectations, and left disappoint that we experienced, at best, an average meal. The Parmesan crusted flounder was tasteless, and the same with the shellfish and grits medley. The fried green tomatoes were bland, not special. My daughter enjoyed her salmon, but no one raved about the food. The wine list is very good, and congratulations to Magnolia for avoiding excessive mark-ups. The service of this average meal was superb.

1 Thank Tim D
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
“Delicious & Southern”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I ate lunch at magnolias for our anniversary & it was absolutely delicious! We started with the fried green tomatoes for an appetizer! I had the pecan crusted chicken with mashed potatoes & collards & my husband had the crab cake with jasmine rice & spinach!! Magnolias is a favorite of mine & I love to eat here when I can. I'm never disappointed or hungry when I leave.

Naples, Florida
“Very good value”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Not being from the "south" and having never had grits, we decided too try this staple of the area. I had fresh Waho over a bed of homemade grits. What a great treat! The Waho was a bit over done but the grits did not disappoint. My wife had the shrimp and sausage over grits and loved every bite. The service was great, the atmosphere warm and friendly. This is a top ten resturants that offers great value, not to be missed.

Houston, Texas
“Hearty appetizers & soup”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife & I had dinner at Magnolias after a fairly late lunch so we were interested in appetizers & soups. My wife loves pimento cheese dishes so she ordered the pimento cheese appetizer & a cup of tomato bisque first. The pimento appetizer was good & the bisque was tasty, but nothing remarkable. She followed those dishes with the scallop appetizer which was also very good with the scallops seared nicely with corn & spinach on the side. Her only other comment was that the scallops were small, but it was an appetizer. I had the fried oyster appetizer on a bed of beans & tomatoes. They were crispy & too numerous to finish. I followed the oysters with a shrimp & sausage on a plate of grits. This “small” plate was a meal for two & I could not finish it either. It was a hearty dish on a cold night in Charleston. Overall, the food was very good.
Patrick was our server & provided very satisfactory service. The restaurant is located in an area with several other top restaurants & was very close to our inn.