“Delicious Meal -Top Notch Service”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 966 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

On our recent visit to Charleston for daughter's graduation from MUSC we chose to dine at Magnolias to celebrate. Excellent choice! Our waiter was both knowledgeable and attentive and made several recommendations. Extensive menu with lots of choices. It would be hard not to find something to tempt your palette. We started off with the Fried Green Tomatoes appetizer which was delicious. I had the Grilled Salmon and my husband and daughter had Parmesan Crusted Flounder both of which were perfectly prepared. We literally can't think of anything we would change at this restaurant. It will always be on our list of great dining experiences. Highly recommend you reserve a table at Magnolias when in Charleston.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,085)

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We loved everything from the treatment by the hostess, to the waiters attentiveness, the delicious food, the amazing dessert, and the unhurried pace if our meal.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Quality was very good. Great wine list. My portion was a litle smaller than I expected but was very good. Both diners with me were very pleased with their meals.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were in Charleston recently and this was the first restaurant my mother and I visited. We ordered the fried chicken and a fish entree - everything was delicious. Great food, great service and great atmosphere!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a dinner reservation for the evening but walking by about 1:30 were hungry and so asked if we could be seated. They accommodated us. My companion had blue crab bisque which he said was excellent. It was thicker than the she-crab soups we had been having. We both had the buttermilk fried chicken which even at lunch was an ample portion that I couldn’t finish. I’m not from the south so I personally didn't care for the collard greens. Casual dress. Wait staff attentive.