“High class!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Soups, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
“High class!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Quality was very good. Great wine list. My portion was a litle smaller than I expected but was very good. Both diners with me were very pleased with their meals.

Visited May 2013

San Francisco
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were in Charleston recently and this was the first restaurant my mother and I visited. We ordered the fried chicken and a fish entree - everything was delicious. Great food, great service and great atmosphere!

Visited April 2013
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a dinner reservation for the evening but walking by about 1:30 were hungry and so asked if we could be seated. They accommodated us. My companion had blue crab bisque which he said was excellent. It was thicker than the she-crab soups we had been having. We both had the buttermilk fried chicken which even at lunch was an ample portion that I couldn’t finish. I’m not from the south so I personally didn't care for the collard greens. Casual dress. Wait staff attentive.

• Visited May 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great service. Fried Green Tomatoes a must...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

You must, must, must order the FGT. Served on top of cheese grits and topped with fresh tomato chutney. There's just enough sweet tomato purée sauce for dipping it in on the way to your mouth. Unforgettable. Charles, our server made good suggestions, and we had a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio that was just the right mix of sweet and light.

My entree was five stars, but Lisa's was only a four. We'd give them a 4.5 rating if we could.

My grilled Mahi Mahi was great, on top of fork mashed fingerling potatoes and roasted artichokes. Lisa had the Parmesan encrusted flounder, that was OK, but not well seasoned (IMHO). Hers came with a corn, asparagus side topped with a beurre blanc sauce.

Great atmosphere, great service. We'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
Massachusetts
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I went here based on the good reviews, But we were not overly impressed with the food, although the setting and service were very nice. We shared the crabcake appetizer. It was good, but nothing special. We also shared the shrimp and grits entree ($5 plate sharing charge). Again, it was just okay. There are better places in Charleston.

Visited May 2013