“Best brunch around”
Review of Magnolias

Magnolias
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolias is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 951 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, European, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: located between Cumberland & Queen Streets
Transit: Charleston CARTA to and from Visitors Center can be picked up 1/2 block from the restaurant on the quarter hour. There are also local cab companies and Charleston's famous Rickshaws that will transport guests to their hotels.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Whenever my husband and I are in Charleston, we always make sure we get to Magnolia's for Sunday brunch. He had a grits, sausage, shrimp and egg dish and I always opt for the seasonal stuffed french toast. This time it was banana pudding stuffed french toast with peanut butter syrup and it was so rich and sweet! Service, location and food are perfect at Magnolia's! We can't wait to come back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,954)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our party of four had a delightful and tasty meal from start to finish. The best appetizer was the pimento cheese and the tomato bisque was the best I have had. My tuna entree was outstanding and the other diners liked theirs. Dessert was equally good. I would go there again in a heart beat because of their menu options, the quality and taste of the food, and the good service.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was told by the concierge at charleston place that it was a must do. If I only ate at 1 place it must be this. Really? The food was average at best. Very traditional cooking. No creativity in presentation or plating. Heavy food with oversize portions. Go very hungry to this place. Service however was great.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've been to this fantastic place twice- once for New Years a couple years back and most recently on my birthday this year. I live in LA but was visiting Myrtle Beach for work and made the two hour drive to Charleston solely to eat at this establishment. I do not regret that choice one bit. I'm a foodie and this place is to die for. Unique, Southern inspired food. The sweet Chile rubbed ahi tuna with mango salsa on top of hummus and pepper jack cheese spring rolls is in my top 5- as in the top 5 things I've ever eaten. Unbelievable. Wine selection is great- had the Kenwood Merlot but I'd skip the dessert. We had the bread pudding which is normally my favorite but it was just average. . . nothing special about it. I told the receptionist when making the reservation that we were celebrating a birthday, but nothing was done for it. I did see singing for others, so if it's a big deal to you, I'd remind the waiter that you are celebrating a special occasion.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I loved the flounder! Flavors were just great. Large portion - I even took 1/2 home. Lovely atmosphere. Definitely feels like a charming southern restaurant!