“fish vs a Manhattan”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed May 15, 2014

A wonderful restaurant in terms of ambience, service, and food. They are masters at preparing Grouper. And, for some of us 'old timers', I have to say that they make the best Manhattan cocktail I've ever had the chance to meet.
Go there.

1  Thank zumpano

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Excelent menu, Excelent food, Excelent bar and The most friendly, most knowledgeable, most careing professional staff I have ever had the pleasure to experience. I have been going to Charleston for the last 10 years and have dined at well over 25 upscale restaurants all of which are very good, but SNOB has made the dining experence truly fun. I applaud the owner or owners as this staff is a credit to them!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our dinner was very good. I had the pork chop, which was a special of the day. It came with blue cheese mashed potatoes and was excellent. It's a very small but intimate restaurant and has been around for some time so it's tried and true. We didn't want to spend and arm and a leg for dinner and the prices here were very reasonable. There are no special views, just a cosy restaurant. My husband got the duck and said it was very good. That is one of their house specialties and he was glad he got it. Overall, a great restaurant.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I arrived just a few minutes before the restaurant closed for lunch, but we were never rushed. We both had the express lunch which was buttermilk fried chicken. It was very tasty and tender, and the mashed potatoes were very good and well seasoned. The dining room is very attractive and the tables are spaced at nice intervals. We will definitely return the next time we are in Charleston.

1  Thank LBKDMK
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I visited Charleston for the first time in April and had a late lunch at SNOB, at the recommendation of the family that owns the condo in which we stayed. After spending 15 days in Charleston and eating at many restaurants, we both concluded that our meal at SNOB was our favorite. The service was fantastic, the environment was inviting and the food was superb. This is a restaurant we will return to each time we visit Charleston and you would be missing a wonderful dining experience if you bypass Slightly North of Broad.

1  Thank Ann R