“Fun Lively Restaurant”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Made reservations for SNOB based on tripadvisor knowing it was located in the hub of nightlife in downtown charleston. We ordered mostly everything from the specials of the night menu and were not disappointed. i still cannot forget the assarugus salad w/ prosciutto. A little on the loud side for a couple but we did enjoy ourselves non the less. Service was impeccable and prompt. I will definitely be back with a group of friends.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Shrimp and Grits was out of this world with local grits / cheese & fresh shrimp with sausage and ham.... WOW
The Soft Shell Crabs over Wilted Spinach was excellent as was the extra large Scallops fresh not frozen from Bedford Ma.
Service was also excellent as was the wine list from Opus One to great Malbac from Argentina

This was my 4th time here and I will come again.....

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We decided to try SNOB based on reviews of the tripadvisor and some of our friends who have been to Charleston.

We had a reservation at 9:45pm but we arrived 45 min early, the hostess offered us to sit by the bar which was okay.

The food tasted good and delicious but did not really wowed me. We had the she crab soup, the oyster stew, the sweet bread, the stuffed quail bread, and the shrimp and grits. The last dish was the best.

I would try some other restaurants if I were to be back in Charleston.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

... This is an excellent choice. SNOB will not disappoint, regardless of your appetite. I wanted a light meal and had the best scallops of my life. My husband wanted a hearty meal and thoroughly enjoyed the half chicken. Wine and beer selections were excellent, too. We will be back!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Food was o'k and service was fine. Does not compare to the many excellent restaurants in Charleston. Will not go back.