“Excellent Dinner”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 911 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had a lovely dinner at SNOB, eating at the bar since I couldn't get a table. The bartender was wonderful, very knowledgeable about the menu and gave good recommendations on drinks that paired with my food. The Charleston Cocktail was great. I had the asparagus soup, which was perfectly done and nice and light for the end of a hot day. I then had the quail, which was nicely cooked with excellent greens. I ended the evening with a glass of Madeira wine, which was lovely. It was a wonderful evening and I'd definitely return to SNOB.

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We did not make reservations and walked in to find there was only an hour wait on a Friday night. The hostess told us that we could walk around the city and she would call us when our table was ready. A half hr later we were sitting at our table. We were placed at the bar that is facing the kitchen which my husband loved since he is in the food industry. For the price tag of of our meal I would have preferred a table just for two but it did make the dinner more exciting to see all the action in the kitchen. I ordered the Ribeye and it was AMAZING! My husband ordered the Shrimp and Grits and he said it was very good. SNOB is a bit pricey for our budget so I was a bit disappointed at the size of my meal but other than that it was great. Our waitress was great and very attentive to our needs. We will definitely be going back to SNOB and will make it a yearly tradition but next time I will make sure that we get a table just for two.

Palm Coast, Florida
“SNOB IS ANYTHING BUT”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

As a walk in, I waited 45 min and it was well worth it (bar too small though)....Food is great and service as well....beets and ricotta was a great starter, salmon and rack of lamb was to die for....definitely should be on your list of restaurants to dine at...we will be back

Visited April 2014
“Great meal and service”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

SNOB was recommended to us at our hotel. We were there on a Wednesday might and it was very busy. We sat at the bar and had great service. We tried the barbecue tuna and shrimp and grits and loved our meal. The bartender was friendly, new the menu and offered up several recommendations for bars to visit after dinner.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank J F
Wilson, North Carolina
“Great Food and Drinks”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The restaurant was booked 'till 2 PM but we (4) were seated as walk-ins at 12 noon and the sandwiches were excellent. The berry sangria cocktail was delicious and the service was good. they also provide free WiFi

1 Thank Robert S